Third Party Press

Small Sniper Scope Can

Hercules

Here is an example of an original German Scope can that is way smaller than the standard size that I just obtained. Very interesting. I have never seen an original one like this before. Only fakes. I think this one is original for sure.

Big Turret Can has Strap for comparison.

Same length as bigger can. Just not as wide on any of the other sides.

Not a LSR can. Single Claw Scope and Rings do not fit. Only BMJ, Ajack, and other types of High and Low turret Scopes fit.

Low Turret Scope Can?

Any guess on value?

Thanks for any input, opinions, or help.

Last edited:
If I had to make a guess which I do not study cans and I would only be guessing at that point , I would say LT Can .

I have never seen one. I am curious what the more experienced European collectors think. There is still so much about these scope cans we need to learn. And sadly the fakers have gotten extremely good.

A couple of things to note, if it is a early can then why the Tan paint? Most tan equipment is late war. However, I am not certain when tan paint starts showing up optical equipment.

A couple of things to note, if it is a early can then why the Tan paint? Most tan equipment is late war. However, I am not certain when tan paint starts showing up optical equipment.

Yes I thought of that as well. There were late war Low Turrets and they were still in use. The tan cans are late war. Also these later style cans have no belt strap and they are not numbered.

My Double Claw Scopes did not fit either. All that leaves that I can think of are turrets. High Turrets probably in bigger cans? Low Turrets smaller cans? Also there is wear inside the can where a turret type scope was taken in and out probably. Who knows for sure though? Not sure what else to try to fit in can.

I once bought a set with what I also remember as a smaller can that had been found at a farm. It came with an Ajack on LT mount.

This is a "small" can that I picked up a few years ago. It looked convincing enough and the price wasn't bad in case it was a humper. It will fit an Ajack high turret scope.

Attachments

• small tan can 01a1.jpg
    small tan can 01a1.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 23
  • small tan can 02a1.jpg
    small tan can 02a1.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 23
  • small tan can 03a1.jpg
    small tan can 03a1.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 21
  • small tan can 04a1.jpg
    small tan can 04a1.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 27
  • small tan can 05a1.jpg
    small tan can 05a1.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 31
  • small tan can 06a1.jpg
    small tan can 06a1.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 28
  • small tan can 07a1.jpg
    small tan can 07a1.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 28
Can

This is a "small" can that I picked up a few years ago. It looked convincing enough and the price wasn't bad in case it was a humper. It will fit an Ajack high turret scope.

Hello Peter. It looks like an original can. Mine will fit an Ajack High Turret as well. Ajack Low Turret fits better in mine. Thanks for posting.

Peter
Isn't this the one You asked me about at SOS ????

Dave,

I got this can off of fleabay in late fall of 2011. I'm pretty sure we discussed it at one of the SOS's.

Thats the one I believe . At that time You were looking at a Strap , were You not ????
Nice Can Peter !!!!

Military Rifle Journal
Back