Third Party Press

Weaver's Revised G/K 43 Book

DaveDavis

Just got off the phone w/ Darrin.

He IS working on a revised edition.

I will see the first 6 chapters this Wednesday over lunch with him.

I'll let you know what the projected time line is for release of the book, as well as what I think of it vis-à-vis the old book...

Still hating myself for not picking up a copy of the original for $65 at a gun show - at the time I thought it too much $$. Won't make that mistake again with another.

Great news, thanks!

Had lunch with Weaver today.

R. Blake Stevens, his publisher, apparently died this morning, which throws everything into question as far as getting book published.

Revisions are fairly extensive

I think the book when published [ ? ] will be a good solid book.

If he puts together a quality book, someone out there will print it. He has some under his belt already and he has proven himself to be a seller.

He told me sometime back he was going to have Simson publish it. Maybe that changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had lunch with Weaver today.

R. Blake Stevens, his publisher, apparently died this morning, which throws everything into question as far as getting book published.

Revisions are fairly extensive

I think the book when published [ ? ] will be a good solid book.

Sad to hear about Stevens' passing. His book "Full Circle" on roller locked rifles has been my favorite for a long time.

Sad to hear about Stevens' passing. His book "Full Circle" on roller locked rifles has been my favorite for a long time.

Very sad! Just finished first time through with my copy and wanted to reach out to him.. Excellent read!!

Dave,
Its been some time since I last spoke with Darrin. The last time we spoke Darrin was thinking about turning the revision into a two or three volume set "because so much has surfaced since the first book". Set 1 covering strictly the G41s and so forth. Has the idea of a multi-volume set changed?

Military Rifle Journal
Back