Third Party Press

Ssr sniper

ajack

K98 short side rail sniper

Looking to make a short side rail sniper from early Ajack 4x90 scope and early K98 I have, would like an original period mount but difficult to find, who makes the best copies of these. Any one purchased the Accumounts machined ones are these a good fit.

Last edited:
Looking to make a short side rail sniper from early Ajack 4x90 scope and early K98 I have, would like an original period mount but difficult to find, who makes the best copies of these. Any one purchased the Accumounts machined ones are these a good fit.

Accumounts may be your only shot. Very few would have an SSR mount laying around, and even fewer would sell one. Robert Speilauer of Austria made sniper mounts and parts but he is no longer in business. A turret rifle would be an easier endeavor.

An original SSR mount is hard to find, and will end up costing more then your rifle and scope together probably. And since its faux sniper to begin with, you're better off with a repro mount set.

This company:

waffenmeisters.com

Carries a Type III mount which is quite accurate to originals. I had an original SSR with base and I bought this mount and I was very surprised that the upper slipped on the original bottom like butter.

Ssr mount

This company:

waffenmeisters.com

Carries a Type III mount which is quite accurate to originals. I had an original SSR with base and I bought this mount and I was very surprised that the upper slipped on the original bottom like butter.

Cannot find any on there site, are the Accumounts ones good quality, look slightly different to original.

Darn...they are sold out. Corwin Arms had them as well, but they are also sold out.

AASniper out of Europe (France) is know for good quality European mounts, but you pay in Euro's and they are pricey.

Accumounts make a solid mount that look the part, but any pieces I have purchased are never close to original spec.

No, they are not. Swedish Mausers have the small receiver ring action while the K98k is the large receiver ring action. Therefore the Swedish mount will not work on the K98k rifle.

No, they are not. Swedish Mausers have the small receiver ring action while the K98k is the large receiver ring action. Therefore the Swedish mount will not work on the K98k rifle.

What part of the mount has the small receiver ring, I thought it was only the base that is fitted to the
K98 receiver, don't understand what is the large receiver action.

Military Rifle Journal
Back