Third Party Press

Geco DSM 34 or 36 -sporterized dufflecut

jvv

Registered
Hello,
This is my first post here so hopefully these photos will make it. I've had this gun for about thirty years and have never shot it but the bore is bright with good rifling. The bolt serial numbers match. I was wondering what the value might be as is or should I just keep it as a shooter. I have an aftermarket sling for it that I never put on. Thanks in advance for any comments or responses.
Jim V.
P4200034.jpgP4200013.jpgP4200007.jpg

Value can vary widely depending on the venue and those interested. It is a fraction of what the rifle would be worth in original condition.

I have bought several sporterized DSM's such as the one you posted for under $200, and that seems to be what most in similar condition go for.

If it were mine, I would keep it.

I would agree with a $200.00 value because it was sporterized. It is nice that the bolt matches though. Mauser numbered the stock and hand guard to the rifle. It might be able to be repaired if you can find the same color donor stock. The bands were not numbered so there would be no trouble there. I would certainly take it out to shoot it. My DSM-34’s generally like the CCI standard velocity.

Military Rifle Journal
Back