Third Party Press

And you thought paper was safe...

Micro Jo

Master Sodcaster
Bloodclaaat, even the paper guys taking each other for a ride :facepalm:
Nice little profit for the creator of the fake Urkunde and bogus entry.

But don`t worry paper collectors, this really is the very first time that this faker has tailor-made a citation to fit his custom humped up entry in a worthless Soldbuch, turning it from a €70.- item into a €3500.- item! I swear it is. The rest of allll the expensive Soldbücher, Urkunden and autographs are 100% legit, on my Mothers grave!

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...s-than-100-euros-3-400-euros-3-months-697589/

Kinda like the Waffen-Scheisse papier right? As a kid I researched counterfeiting for a history class so I'm not surprised one bit.. The film Catch Me If You Can should ring everybody's bell.

Paper items aren't basically any different then other 3R objects, fakers mess with them to turn in this case a basic 50/60€ Soldbuch in to one of 2.000€.
They do this by adding difficult to research medals and badges like the anti partisan - and the tank destruction badge for example, also an EKI is easily added or sniper equipment like in this case:
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?30764-Sniper-Soldbuch-Kurland-1945-K43-ZF4
Adding pictures is also a fakers favorite and transfers to cool units too.
Fakers also don't limit themselves to messing with cheap or less interesting pieces they mess around with everything, I have seen fake entries that don't even add extra value.

Be careful and do your research, check the name of the officer that signed for the medals, double check the FP stamps and perhaps the most important fact see of the soldiers story makes sense, soldiers that have spend most of the war in the rear usually don't turn in to combat proficient soldiers overnight, in this case a soldier in a Wach Btl with one award, that being the anti partisan badge in silver should sound an alarm, if he was engaged for 50+ days in fighting partizans you would expect other combat related medals or badges like an infantry sturm abzeichen for example.

Uff, I saw that too - made me cringe. I've shifted my focus to paper and especially document groups, but avoid "rarities" like the plague for precisely this reason.

Military Rifle Journal
Back