Third Party Press

Two Mauser Pistols

mallard

Two Mauser Pistols, New Photos Added

Can anyone here help me to identify what these are and possible value? I have the opportunity to get both of these but myself and the seller would like to make more of an informed decision. Thanks for any and all help! Sorry for the bad pics but that is all I could get on short notice.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 69
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 74
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. I notice that some have Germany marked on them and others do not, does this make a difference?

I agree with my friend Bill. If marked Germany that is what was an import mark in the old days, pre 1968.

I am not a lover of these pistols but I see them in the $400-500 range. If not military, they do not bring good money iMO, and values are always an opinion. Therefore seek as many sources of value opinions that you can find including prior auctions on gunpoker for results. Good luck.

As stated above, the German "Authorities" (ie. military, police, etc) marked pistols bring better money.
The export pistols marked "Germany " seem to generate the least amount of attention.

Recently, I'd actually run across a Model 1934 in similar condition to the ones pictured and also not military marked. I had wondered how much it was worth and how much the lack of military acceptance affected value. Sounds like it matters quite a bit.

Well I was able to get them and I think they look nicer in person. Thought I would share.

Attachments

• _DSC8721a.jpg
    _DSC8721a.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 29
  • _DSC8722a.jpg
    _DSC8722a.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 32
  • _DSC8724a.jpg
    _DSC8724a.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 33
  • _DSC8727a.jpg
    _DSC8727a.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 33
The "money" mark is if there is a fractur stamp immediately ahead of the rear sight on the top which would indicate military use.

The "money" mark is if there is a fractur stamp immediately ahead of the rear sight on the top which would indicate military use.

This...try and post some pics of any marks by the rear sight...

The .32 has a crown over U behind the sight and nothing in front and the .25 has nothing at all on top.

The .32 has a crown over U behind the sight and nothing in front and the .25 has nothing at all on top.

Found this:
1914 model, this variation was manufactured between 1923 to 1929 with a serial number range between 277000 to 460000. This variation will be found with a 2 line left slide stamping. The 1914 post war model is the most often encountered.

The photograph is a picture of a crown over the letter U stamp. This stamp is located behind the rear sight as seen below. This crown of the letter U stamp became law on April 1, 1893 and is the final or definitive proof. This mark has not been in use since the proof law of 1939 became effective in Germany.
A11914.jpg

Found this:
1914 model, this variation was manufactured between 1923 to 1929 with a serial number range between 277000 to 460000. This variation will be found with a 2 line left slide stamping. The 1914 post war model is the most often encountered.

The photograph is a picture of a crown over the letter U stamp. This stamp is located behind the rear sight as seen below. This crown of the letter U stamp became law on April 1, 1893 and is the final or definitive proof. This mark has not been in use since the proof law of 1939 became effective in Germany.
View attachment 176905

That is the marking on the .32

It’s a 1914 Commercial Model made for export, yours has ‘Germany’ on the left grip.....I imagine the 1910 6.35 is about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a 1914 Commercial Model made for export, yours has ‘Germany’ on the left grip.....I imagine the 1910 6.35 is about the same.

The .32 has Germany on the grip but the .25 does not, However Germany is not on the frame or slide anywhere.

My point is that they’re both Commercial pistols, nice ones, too.

Military Rifle Journal
Back