Third Party Press

K43 AC45 - cleaning rod question

I have been looking at some cleaning rods on ebay and on gunbroker for a K43 AC45 "A" block.

Can someone please help and let me know what I should be on the lookout for to confirm it is authentic - are there supposed to be certain marks. From what I know it should be 12.5" and should be the same as for the G43 (and possibly the same as the K98).

Any input for a newbie would be greatly appreciated or pictures of your cleaning rod. I have fully field stripped the gun, but have not removed the receiver from the stock - if I did is there access to the cleaning rod bolt?

Many thanks.

I have been looking at some cleaning rods on ebay and on gunbroker for a K43 AC45 "A" block.

Can someone please help and let me know what I should be on the lookout for to confirm it is authentic - are there supposed to be certain marks. From what I know it should be 12.5" and should be the same as for the G43 (and possibly the same as the K98).

Any input for a newbie would be greatly appreciated or pictures of your cleaning rod. I have fully field stripped the gun, but have not removed the receiver from the stock - if I did is there access to the cleaning rod bolt?

Many thanks.

Any unnumbered blued rod will do, there were no specific marks or signifigance behind what rod went with which rifle; much like slings.
As far as removing the stock, just depress those lock pins and unscrew the action screws in the trigger guard. Make sure you use a proper screw driver that will fit the entire screw head to avoid buggering the head. You will see the cleaning rod NUT pressed into the channel.
Good luck

Waffen Mark on cleaning rod

Thanks you both, this is very helpful.
One other question, would a rod woth a waffen mark be incorrect (with no numbering)?

Military Rifle Journal
Back