Third Party Press

German Flare Gun and a question

moosedog

I bought this flare gun from a friend years ago and was wondering what the best data base would be for me to research the name? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• German Flare Gun 003.jpg
    German Flare Gun 003.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 31
  • German Flare Gun 004.JPG
    German Flare Gun 004.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 23
  • German Flare Gun 001.jpg
    German Flare Gun 001.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 28
  • German Flare Gun 002.JPG
    German Flare Gun 002.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 40
Yup, as above. Someone with fantasy thoughts, a kid, esp since they abbreviated 'third' in the English version instead of '3e', as if it was even a marking. Reminds me of something a neighbor kid had from his dad when I was growing up because though it couldn't be used as a real gun, it was hyper cool to play army with.

Beauty of a flare pistol that some idiot vandalized. He should have the same thing carved in his forehead, backwards, so he could read it in the morning in front of the mirror.

Moose, first, that is a piece of kit that would not be property marked like that. A German soldier doing such a thing might end up paying for it at best and at worst ending up in a penal battalion for doing something like that. Notwithstanding that, none of those markings, except perhaps for the name, are done in a German manner, and that was done by the same vandal idiot.

Thanks and understood. It does appear to have been done by and American child. Just wondering if a grandson could have tried to honor his German Grandfather or such. Things happen.
We all run across marked items and will continue to do so no doubt so is there a free site where one can research German Soldiers?

Military Rifle Journal
Back