Third Party Press

Hello From Oklahoma

cztulsa

Hello - long time firearms enthusiast, and finally came up with a German K98K Mauser, so it's time to join the K98K forum. Been wanting one for some time, passed on a great deal on a very nice rifle last year, and have been kicking myself since. Big thank you to mrfarb, who helped me with advice and the identification of this one that came up on armslist. It's a numbers matching, no import marks, duffle-cut BNZ 43 SS contract rifle. Have spent the weekend on the forum, reading posts concerning the history of these; what fascinating rifles. I probably won't post much and just lurk, trying to digest all of the info I can on these. I appreciate the education.

Welcome aboard and beware: 98K's can become addictive. In my case, the condition had its onset in 1958 so it's probably terminal. I've tried rehab with Colts, Winchesters and numerous other surrogates, even wore their arm patches but nothing worked. Having an understanding wife has kept me out of the Mitchell gutter. There's a lot to be learned here.

Hello - long time firearms enthusiast, and finally came up with a German K98K Mauser, so it's time to join the K98K forum. Been wanting one for some time, passed on a great deal on a very nice rifle last year, and have been kicking myself since. Big thank you to mrfarb, who helped me with advice and the identification of this one that came up on armslist. It's a numbers matching, no import marks, duffle-cut BNZ 43 SS contract rifle. Have spent the weekend on the forum, reading posts concerning the history of these; what fascinating rifles. I probably won't post much and just lurk, trying to digest all of the info I can on these. I appreciate the education.

Welcome!! When you can, let’s see some photos of your rifle! The SS contract guns are fascinating as are all the Steyr produced rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back