Third Party Press

ab44 f block

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
Another recent addition to the 44 collection. Unissued, as close to brand new as you can get. Upside down suffix on the blade. Matched and unsharpened.

DSC_0381.jpgDSC_0382.jpgDSC_0383.jpgDSC_0384.jpg

That upside down suffix is pretty neat. That has to be pretty unique?

Many are noted in the ab44 f block. For whatever reasons on the bayonet only. The scabbard orientation being correct. They are sometimes misidentified as j block.

Many are noted in the ab44 f block. For whatever reasons on the bayonet only. The scabbard orientation being correct. They are sometimes misidentified as j block.

My ab 43 is in the c block (posted Dec 2012) and the ab 43 that stabsfeldwebel2( posted June 2014) is also in the c block. I remember seeing one other ab 43 c block with the suffix upside down. In all 3 it was only on the blade. You said that the c block was the last run in 43 before going into 44 production for Mundlos with about 7 thousand bayonets being in the c block. I wonder how many of them had the suffix upside down. Any one else see any ab 43s in c block chime in. Just curious.

There are about 6 pcs reported with c upside down on ab43 production, so probably done by same person on stamp mashine.On Arnauds page should be one too.b.r.Andy

Approximately 20 pieces with letter block f stamped upside-down during ab44 production.

Military Rifle Journal
Back