Third Party Press

Thread: Browning 1922 Wa140

Default Browning 1922 Wa140 and Wa613

Guys,

I just stumbled on a FN Mod. 1922 with Wa140 on slide and Wa613 on the frame. Numbers all match, but the barrel is force matched by stamping in the same font as the rest? The old SN was x'ed out. Bluing is pretty good, FN logo bakelite grips. Does that barrel sound wonky? Serial is no letter block 60,919. I have read 1943 manufacture, am I correct?

I took a chance and put it on layaway for $325 OTD.

Pics when I pick it up.

Jeff
    Last edited by ditch68; 06-11-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    Collecting latewar K98k rifles and snipers and scopes, and WWII German 6x30 binoculars.

"If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism." -Ronald Reagan

I believe I would have passed. They are common enough to find a completely matching one without something played with.

Thanks!

Well, it's not breaking the bank, so I'm OK with it. I'm learning a lot about them, though, that's cool with me.

Jeff
    Collecting latewar K98k rifles and snipers and scopes, and WWII German 6x30 binoculars.

"If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism." -Ronald Reagan

Sounds like a plan. Here is mine with a Luftwaffe drop holster. Not trying to butt into your post just wanted to show an example.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not at all, why would I complain about seeing such a nice rig?

As per usual, I buy first, learn after. LOL

Jeff

FWIW, I got it home.

Frame, slide, cap, and barrel are all serialled 60919, barrel and cap have been x'd out and force matched to the frame. Frame has a Wa613 which is quite rare, about 6,000 pistols I read? Slide is Wa140.

I don't imagine people hump low end stuff like this. So any opinions? I think it is an SS depot rebuild (that was a joke for the non-humor initiated)

I'm happy, its an interesting pistol for $300 even if the finish is bad. It looks like it was reblued over pitting on the slide and cap. No pitting on the frame at all.

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ditch68; 06-11-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Did some research (and posted it on Jan Still's forum), it is an VoPo rework in case anyone was curious. Now for a holster...

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by ditch68 View Post
    Did some research (and posted it on Jan Still's forum), it is an VoPo rework in case anyone was curious. Now for a holster...

Jeff
    I think $300 for a VoPo reworked 1922 is a fair deal. Very cool!