Third Party Press

RFI: Desirability of once-fired 7.92X33 brass cased cartridges

Pat

Staff member
I have an opportunity to run some rounds through a StG-44 as long as I supply the ammo I'll shoot. How much demand is there for once-fired 7.92X33 cartridges? I don't own anything in this caliber and won't any time soon.

Thanks,
Pat

cases

I have an opportunity to run some rounds through a StG-44 as long as I supply the ammo I'll shoot. How much demand is there for once-fired 7.92X33 cartridges? I don't own anything in this caliber and won't any time soon.

Thanks,
Pat

Some time back I bought new Privi cases from Graff and Sons for around .30.
I'd think fired ones would bring .10 to .15 maybe??? Some (not all) 44's beat up the case mouths. Chambers can be rough or oversize making cases less desirable.
Pete

Pete,
Thanks for the info! I wondered how these stood up to extraction, so that confirms my fears.

Thanks,
Pat

cases

Pete,
Thanks for the info! I wondered how these stood up to extraction, so that confirms my fears.

Thanks,
Pat
Pat, my post was worst case scenario. You never know until fired cases are examined. Most of the Sturmgewehrs fired cases are just fine for reloading.
Pete

Really wish I had something to use my x33 ammo in - I have so much East German and a couple dozen or so WW2 dated stuff back from when I collected ammo.

Might rebarrel an RC :)

my rifle seems to prefer the steel case ammo though, I have lots & lots of empty unfired brass and live round brass case

I am always looking for east german steel case if those reading this post wish to trade or sell there east german steel case at a fair price

PM me

You might just want to post it somewhere like CastBoolits at half of retail. Those guys will buy reloading anything.

Military Rifle Journal
Back