Third Party Press

GB Trader 98k bnz 42 humpjob No. 7206

Thanks for putting that info out there. I had the same concerns. Interesting that he didn't even mention the Kriegsmarine stamp which would be huge if real.

Thanks for putting that info out there. I had the same concerns. Interesting that he didn't even mention the Kriegsmarine stamp which would be huge if real.

Actually that M is one of the more ridiculous confirmations that it's heavily wanked.

I'd post a buyer beware but I'm already in the penalty box for posting an off topic comment on the trader a while back, so I asked for more pictures..

A buddy message me about this rifle last night. Told him I didn't like the stamps, the finish color, the stock stamps, the barrel bands have been reblued. Rifle was just a complete mess.

Someone needs to save the pics and screenshot of the ad. This thing has washed up on the beach several times over the years and will continue to do so.

..I'm already in the penalty box ...so I asked for more pictures..

Good call. I see you and Nirvana both opened that Pandora's box. So odd that he has the bolt handle turned up hiding the flat? :) This should get interesting fast

I was asked to vet that one by PM, as soon as I saw the flat bp stock and the restamped parts it was over. I didn't look any further.

Is it as shiny in real life as it is in the pictures?

That right there made my day! :laugh: :hail:

ETA: What kind of surprises me is that he posted it there for those knowledgeable to pick it apart. I would assume the seller is/was convinced he had a legit all matching K98k when he listed it.

It's a piss poor hump job when even I can clearly see it. :biggrin1: I wonder how long it will take for it to show up on Gunbroker?

Last edited:
ETA: What kind of surprises me is that he posted it there for those knowledgeable to pick it apart. I would assume the seller is/was convinced he had a legit all matching K98k when he listed it.

Actually you are wrong, he posted it in Gunboards trader where discussion is NOT allowed, and specifically says in his ad not to discuss it, only by PM. The multiple threads are opened to protect those that we can from this stinker.

I think the "don't comment and don't ask questions except for PM" was indicative of awareness of problems. In any event, that thing would slip by the vast majority at GB. The level of discussion is very basic to irrelevant and it's been posted to a venue which prohibits open critical discussion at the Trader level and does not seem to appreciate it at the discussion level.

I outed the thing just as a matter of basic hobby integrity because it was honking way too loud, like an aggressive panhandler. Plus, it had the potential of victimizing a new entrant to the hobby who wants to get seriously involved but whose legs are still a bit wobbly. To get burned right out the gate is not good.

Ditto....shiny

[DITTO...SHINY

QUOTE=RazorBurn;238779]That right there made my day! :laugh: :hail:

It's a piss poor hump job when even I can clearly see it. :biggrin1: I wonder how long it will take for it to show up on Gunbroker?[/QUOTE]

..The level of discussion is very basic to irrelevant and it's been posted to a venue which prohibits open critical discussion at the Trader level and does not seem to appreciate it at the discussion level.

Agree with your assessment. I think he's trying to take advantage of the level (or lack thereof) of critical discussion and the seeming legitimacy of the forum to unload this turd. He 'might' have thought it was legit when he bought it but not now. No one can say you don't have balls though.

I think it's cycled through Gunbonker auction before.

WW2 GERMAN K98 BNZ 1942 "M" #'s MATCHING BEAUTY

sydney56 A+(209)
Add Favorite Seller
Seller's Other Items
Used Condition
FFL is required
Ask Seller a Question
Watch
Current Bid
$0.00
Minimum Bid
$1,495.00
Starting Bid
$1,495.00
Enter your maximum bid.
$Bid

BuyNow! for $2,995.00
No Reserve!
0 Bids Bid History
Time Left 15 min rule
3d +
Ending Time
7/15/2017 1:10 PM
Item 664462275
Location Visalia, CA 93277
Shipping Buyer pays actual shipping costs for the following option(s): Ground
See Item Description
No international shipments
Payment Personal Check, USPS Money Order, Certified Check
Checkout Yes
Sales Tax Seller does not collect sales tax
Inspection/ Return Policy AS IS - No refund or exchange
The seller of this item assumes all responsibility for this listing. You must contact the seller to resolve any questions or concerns before placing a bid. Payment must be made using U.S. dollars ($) unless otherwise stated in the listing. Firearms may only be shipped to a licensed dealer (FFL Holder). Some listed items may not be legal in every state. Complete your purchase within the law.
Things to look for on this page:
• New Tabs - The 'Additional Terms of Sale' and 'Item Characteristics' tabs are next to Item Description and contain important information about the item you are viewing. Be sure you check them out to get additional details.
• More Items from... - At the bottom of the page there is the opportunity to see selected additional items from this seller. To see everything from this seller tap 'More >' in the upper right side of the box.
• New Print Layout – Using Print from your browser should now print a more organized and easier to read item listing.

• Item Description
• Additional Terms of Sale
• Item Characteristics
Selling to U.S.A. residents only is an awesome bnz 1942 K98. This will be a 10 day auction. This K98 is a numbers matching rifle. No import marks. No duffle cut. No counter bore. It has waffen 623 & 77 stamped on metal parts & eagle over 623 stampings on the stock. It also has the M stamp on the stock, along with other stampings. The stock is Not cracked, but it does have some minor dings & scratches. The bluing on this rifle is in excellent condition. My gunsmith stated that it has it's original bluing. It looks much better than pictures show. There is no pitting or rust anywhere. The bore is like new. It has a mirror bore, with great lands & grooves. The bolt is matching to this rifle. The action works great. It loads ammo and ejects ammo smoothly. I have fired 10 rounds through this rifle, and it shoots great. It comes with a sight hood, cleaning rod, and a leather sling. Shipping to lower 48 states will be insured UPS ground for $50. Alaska or Hawaii will cost more.

Attachments

• pix914638098.jpg
    pix914638098.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 58
  • pix755452493.jpg
    pix755452493.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 60
  • pix015068984.jpg
    pix015068984.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 48
  • pix092614075.jpg
    pix092614075.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 48
  • pix670544598.jpg
    pix670544598.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 49
  • pix802827216.jpg
    pix802827216.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 54
  • pix917265103.jpg
    pix917265103.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 55
Thanks Loewe I had a feeling you'd come through. I now wonder if morrisrod and sydney56 are the same guy? $2995. BIN?? "My gunsmith stated that it has it's original bluing" Somebody is fibbing there. The s/n in the wood is terrible... really bad. I see they've trying to obscure the ones on the keel with some 'incidental damage' but the one in the channel is obviously bad. No surprise this new ad doesn't include that pic. What a trainwreck

Military Rifle Journal
Back