Third Party Press

Crazy pricing.

They just keep pushing the price to see where the line is that collectors will or will not cross. The first one smacks of a Romanian capture, the other a Russian rework. They must see Ben at Classic arms selling RC rifles for $1,200+ and want in on the action. The "uninformed" may well pay that much. In a good collector community, decent non import mismatch or lower grade bolt mismatch rifles go for that amount.

If a RC or other cement mixer tumbled electropimp dipped frankenrifle sells for $800-1200, them a bolt mm should be easily twice that and a matching original K98k 3x that easily. I think this is a sign of competition at the entry level. If you have even a passing interest in WW2 firearms a K98k is a must own firearm.

..They must see Ben at Classic arms selling RC rifles for $1,200+ and want in on the action.

I agree that much of this is the 'Ben'd Over' effect. I'm sure after the 3rd? round of a dozen of so sold out before he was done barking about them they'd pretty much all taken notice.

I agree that much of this is the 'Ben'd Over' effect. I'm sure after the 3rd? round of a dozen of so sold out before he was done barking about them they'd pretty much all taken notice.

Oh yes we'll hear them crying but he said they were real and rare. Did you do any research on this before you bought it? Well no not really. I believed everything he said about the war eagles, the matching numbers, the doorbuster buttplate, and all of the swa-stickers. So you basically shelled out almost $2,000 on a rifle that you knew nothing about and believed everything this guy told you? Yes! You're a moron, do you know how easy it is to go on Google and type in k98k in the search section. And in less than 10 seconds you'll be brought here and all of your questions will be answered in less than 5 minutes.

Even better why didn't you buy some good research books. Well I don't want to spend over $100 on paper! But you rather spend $2,000 on a piece of shite rifle that again you know nothing about! Yes! But did you know spending a couple hundred dollars on books could have saved you thousands in the long run and could have got you an even better rifle for less money. I mean you could have bought The Complete Book set for $300, then bought a nice bolt mismatch rifle for under a $1000, and then let you almost $700 in your pocket for other stuff.

Alright I was taken and made a fool of, but I would like to sell this gun for $2,000 and get my money back. I'm sorry your rifle is worth $300. No my money!!!!!!! Screw these rifles I'm done with it!

..but I would like to sell this gun for $2,000 and get my money back. I'm sorry your rifle is worth $300. No my money!!!!!!! Screw these rifles I'm done with it!

Thank you. Please come again! :laugh:

In all seriousness though we've just seen 2 VERY nice byf '44 rifles both bought for under $1k. Yes it does take some bit of luck but they are out there. And it's fairly easy to get a really nice bolt m/m under $1k here. Only thing we can't provide is that instant gratification. Gotta get Ben'd for that.

Oh yes we'll hear them crying but he said they were real and rare. Did you do any research on this before you bought it? Well no not really. I believed everything he said about the war eagles, the matching numbers, the doorbuster buttplate, and all of the swa-stickers. So you basically shelled out almost $2,000 on a rifle that you knew nothing about and believed everything this guy told you? Yes! You're a moron, do you know how easy it is to go on Google and type in k98k in the search section. And in less than 10 seconds you'll be brought here and all of your questions will be answered in less than 5 minutes.

Even better why didn't you buy some good research books. Well I don't want to spend over $100 on paper! But you rather spend $2,000 on a piece of shite rifle that again you know nothing about! Yes! But did you know spending a couple hundred dollars on books could have saved you thousands in the long run and could have got you an even better rifle for less money. I mean you could have bought The Complete Book set for $300, then bought a nice bolt mismatch rifle for under a $1000, and then let you almost $700 in your pocket for other stuff.

Alright I was taken and made a fool of, but I would like to sell this gun for $2,000 and get my money back. I'm sorry your rifle is worth $300. No my money!!!!!!! Screw these rifles I'm done with it!

Very well said Warrior! Can't believe how many uninformed out there and spend big bucks buying the "story" instead of investing in the books. Bet many have very long faces after realizing they have been hoodwinked. Seems like an awful lot tossing big bucks away these days. Got a feeling it will continue for a long time.

I saw this effect at WAF when there were a few guys trafficking "wow" "one looker" "exotic freshies" amongst each other for $2500 to $3500 a pop based upon who was selling them and the forum rah rah. Once those few guys ran out of each other to peddle to the prices plummeted to these things being unsaleable, like a game of humpjob musikal chairs with only a few people playing. The same will happen with these rahrah $2000+ pimped $400 RC espezials. Then the rubes who bought them will whine all over a forum about how K98k collecting is nothing but fakes so they got out. We've all seen these people. Next year they'll be "collecting" something else and getting ripped off.

Humpjob musikal chairs now thats a good one. But hey if these folks want too spend $2000 on pimped up crap that leaves more original rifles for us collectors that study and research.

Humpjob musikal chairs now thats a good one. But hey if these folks want too spend $2000 on pimped up crap that leaves more original rifles for us collectors that study and research.

It is beyond my comprehension how someone can be so stupid (yes, stupid) to pay $2500 for a pimped ex-RC shinejob when for $1800-2000 they could get an exceptionally nice all matching K98k that will hold its value. That $2500 humpenstein "K98k" is worth no more than $500, so this is the intellectual equivalent of drawing $2k out of your bank in cash, putting it in your wallet, and then flushing it all down the loo.

Captain Spaulding's fried chicken and Original Mauser musical montage, here ye, hear ye, get in line and grab a seat. There is an ATM in the lobby, sweatly "un-gentle" Ben and the Captain have a limited supply and they will NOT last !!!
bother.jpgcaptainspaulding.jpg

I wonder how people get to pay those $$$ without any research. Spend one day on this forum and you get yourself 3 nice non RC for same money.

Military Rifle Journal
Back