Third Party Press

G43 Repro Mags

Reproduction G.43 magazines and reliable should not go in the same sentence. People may be able to guide you on adjustment modifications you can make to get them to function. It has been done but if you are looking to use it by the time you actually get it working you will probably wish you had got a rough looking original.

Pony up for an original Mag and be done with it. As time goes by it will increase in value just like the Rifle.

Last edited:
It can vary. Was at a show a couple months ago and purchased a very nice aye marked magazine for $125.00 from a seller that knew what it was, it was an odd item for him though, not selling a rifle.

If you can find the money for a K43/G43, find the money for an original mag - heck find three so you have one for your rifle and two for you original mag pouch.

The only reason it would even be worth messing with a repro magazine is if you had some total MM restore/sporter, but even then why?

I have three of them. This was my experience, initially they would not lock in. So some material needed to be removed to get them to lock in. I removed a little at a time to get them in. Once they were locked in it was time to function test them. All three ran a full 10 rounds without jamming. I did not need to tweek the feed ramps or do anything else.
The only problem I have with them now is they don't work well with blank ammo. By that I mean blank ammo that is made from 30-06 brass resized to fit your 8mm chamber. I don't know if they will work with the prvi partisan brand of blank ammo though. Most places that sell these are out of stock at the moment.

Military Rifle Journal
Back