Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: “K-43” marked MG13 magazine.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    167

    Default “K-43” marked MG13 magazine.

    A friend bought a case of MG13 magazines still packed in grease several years ago. He was pulling out two mags for me to try and modify for my G43 when he came across one marked K43 with a nib welded on the front. Is it possible this is a war time conversion for a K43? Any information to share on this?
    30EDB325-B09E-469D-BCBD-95D1960E0301.jpg

    B7A7D22D-A09E-4DA2-8832-4A21E837996E.jpg

    49BCCFE2-91D6-4C80-8DFC-246156499434.jpg

    6C5E2BA1-D04D-416E-8D9F-8C58708FD63A.jpg

    F5936FF5-F989-4889-93EF-B0C648EFFC45.jpg

  2. #2
    Senior Member jack944's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    1,672

    Default

    Do you have a g43 to test and see if it fits?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jack944 View Post
    Do you have a g43 to test and see if it fits?
    Yes. He is bringing it to me to test. He tried it in his bcd G43 and didn’t quite fit. Maybe with some fitting.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Model's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    408

    Default



    It can be done, (AC44) not perfect but it works most of the time. Pictured with the Yugo M76 DMR.
    HDH.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Model View Post


    It can be done, (AC44) not perfect but it works most of the time. Pictured with the Yugo M76 DMR.

    Great. Mine is an AC44 as well. Can you share what modifications you had to do to magazine to make it fit?

    My main question though is about the "mg13" magazine already stamped K43 with tab added to front. Could it be a German war time modification, or maybe one done by the German police after the war? Just curious why it would be stamped K43.

  6. #6
    Senior Member CRH113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Could've sworn these were mentioned in Weaver's book, I'll have to check when I get home from work.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRH113 View Post
    Could've sworn these were mentioned in Weaver's book, I'll have to check when I get home from work.
    That would be great! Any information you can share on these "oddball" magazine would be fantastic. My friend and I are both stumped.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Model's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KneverKnew View Post
    Great. Mine is an AC44 as well. Can you share what modifications you had to do to magazine to make it fit?

    My main question though is about the "mg13" magazine already stamped K43 with tab added to front. Could it be a German war time modification, or maybe one done by the German police after the war? Just curious why it would be stamped K43.
    Unfortunately I can't tell you how they were modified as both were purchased pre-modified to work in each Rille.
    HDH.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Florida, United States
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Model View Post
    Unfortunately I can't tell you how they were modified as both were purchased pre-modified to work in each Rille.
    May I impose on you to take closeup detail pictures of the modifications, such as the front and back latch points and any other spots that were modified/ material removed or added?

  10. #10
    Senior Member CRH113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KneverKnew View Post
    That would be great! Any information you can share on these "oddball" magazine would be fantastic. My friend and I are both stumped.
    Here's what's in Weaver's book, unfortunately it doesn't say anything about the K43 marking on the magazine.

    Edit: No idea why it uploaded the picture sideways
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •