Third Party Press

“K-43” marked MG13 magazine.

KneverKnew

A friend bought a case of MG13 magazines still packed in grease several years ago. He was pulling out two mags for me to try and modify for my G43 when he came across one marked K43 with a nib welded on the front. Is it possible this is a war time conversion for a K43? Any information to share on this?
30EDB325-B09E-469D-BCBD-95D1960E0301.jpg

B7A7D22D-A09E-4DA2-8832-4A21E837996E.jpg

49BCCFE2-91D6-4C80-8DFC-246156499434.jpg

6C5E2BA1-D04D-416E-8D9F-8C58708FD63A.jpg

F5936FF5-F989-4889-93EF-B0C648EFFC45.jpg

It can be done, (AC44) not perfect but it works most of the time. Pictured with the Yugo M76 DMR.

It can be done, (AC44) not perfect but it works most of the time. Pictured with the Yugo M76 DMR.

Great. Mine is an AC44 as well. Can you share what modifications you had to do to magazine to make it fit?

My main question though is about the "mg13" magazine already stamped K43 with tab added to front. Could it be a German war time modification, or maybe one done by the German police after the war? Just curious why it would be stamped K43.

Could've sworn these were mentioned in Weaver's book, I'll have to check when I get home from work.

Could've sworn these were mentioned in Weaver's book, I'll have to check when I get home from work.

That would be great! Any information you can share on these "oddball" magazine would be fantastic. My friend and I are both stumped.

Great. Mine is an AC44 as well. Can you share what modifications you had to do to magazine to make it fit?

My main question though is about the "mg13" magazine already stamped K43 with tab added to front. Could it be a German war time modification, or maybe one done by the German police after the war? Just curious why it would be stamped K43.

Unfortunately I can't tell you how they were modified as both were purchased pre-modified to work in each Rille.

Unfortunately I can't tell you how they were modified as both were purchased pre-modified to work in each Rille.

May I impose on you to take closeup detail pictures of the modifications, such as the front and back latch points and any other spots that were modified/ material removed or added?

That would be great! Any information you can share on these "oddball" magazine would be fantastic. My friend and I are both stumped.

Here's what's in Weaver's book, unfortunately it doesn't say anything about the K43 marking on the magazine.

Edit: No idea why it uploaded the picture sideways

Attachments

• IMG_1465.jpg
    IMG_1465.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 118
I've also rewrote the MG13 magazine in the past. It has to be made exactly. Otherwise it does not work as it should.

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 64
Are there any schematics on the alterations done to a MG 13 magazine to make it G43 workable?

I purchased that box with 7 MG13 magazines from Liberty Tree Collectors - https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=8764&idcategory=0 *the missing mag must have been parted out as the bottom of it was in the box.

A Bubba before me seemed to have ground off the front part of the magazines. I am wondering if anyone wrote a step by step DIY method to modify a MG13 mag for G43 use.

I have looked at the Claus and Weaver site pictures. I am looking for more specific information. Due to California law, I cannot send them out of state for the mods to be done.

DSC01180.jpg

Over the years many builder sites detailed this conversion, obviously you are not a builder or your homework.

all of the recent conversions done to the yugo M-76 were done comparing a M-76 mag with a M-13 mag and/or a K/G 43 mags, some minor welding is required

this is simple stuff, its not like converting m-14 mags to fit a yugo M-77 which is amateur hour

I bought my converted M-13 to G/K-43 mags from a guy at the Forks of the Delaware shows in the early 80s, I will do my own conversions for my 2 yugo M-76 rifles

oh get out of Kommifornia

mag conversions are common did you know P-226 mags are the same as Beretta 92 f mags and walther p-99/P88 mags they all share the same box mag, the difference is in the mag catch location, since checkmate 92f mags are cheap I can save my $80 P-88 mags for the range, dremel tool and files

Can I have a link to a "builder" site?

My googling failed.

"or your homework", I guess that means I didn't do my homework?

Is there a code to google "converting a MG13 magazine to G43 rifle configuration" - ?

Can I have a link to a "builder" site?

My googling failed.

"or your homework", I guess that means I didn't do my homework?

Is there a code to google "converting a MG13 magazine to G43 rifle configuration" - ?

Roger
Contact Gunkraut he can modify them for you, that was a great week for MG13 for Cali Freedom week.

I don't want to dump the work on someone else.

However, I have no experience with metal work. So probably will just sit in the can and be my executor's problem.

The guy who put the top of a regular G43 mag on an MG13 magazine interests me, but with regular magazines being sold for crazy amounts, that doesn't seem like a realistic option.

Will need to read up on metal work.

Unfortunately I live in Commiefornia and other than that freedom week we had, I cannot buy a plus 10 magazine.

Thanks anyway.

Military Rifle Journal
Back