Third Party Press

Semi MP44 in 9mm on gunbroker

I remember this concept being discussed a while back on a different forum, looks like someone actually built one and Jerry got ahold of it (or maybe he built it). Receiver definitely looks like zamak. GSG's MP40 receiver is made of the same pot metal, so it can be done on a pistol caliber firearm without blowing up.

That being said, $3500 starting bid for a home rolled 9mm StG44 in what's essentially an airsoft toy shell? I'll pass.

Last edited:
9mm MP ?

A guy (retired German machinist) I know made 2 9MM's using part set MP44 pieces. Made his own 9MM blowback bolts and put Sterling SMG mags inside knock off MP44 mags.I shot both of them at the Creek several years ago. I did not think much of the idea until I shot them.
They actually worked and shot well. Same guy was making .22's from Airsoft but the availability of the factory made .22 Sturmgewehrs later killed his ability to sell the Airsoft reworks. Very probably the same guy is doing the Airsoft 9MM's.
He brought a FG42 semi he made to the Creek to show me a couple years ago. Made his own sheet metal rec. with his self made dies. Bought a few pieces from Estes Adams and made the rest himself. Neat FG, well done.
Pete

Auction ends in an hour, no takers. If this was built by the machinist Pete referenced, probably a good investment for the right buyer. I've done business with Jerry at Recon before and never had any problems. Always scratched my head as to why his starting bids were so high though.

A while back he had a PTR-44 listed with a starting bid of $7900, was relisted about 10 times and never sold.

A guy (retired German machinist) I know made 2 9MM's using part set MP44 pieces. Made his own 9MM blowback bolts and put Sterling SMG mags inside knock off MP44 mags.I shot both of them at the Creek several years ago. I did not think much of the idea until I shot them.
They actually worked and shot well. Same guy was making .22's from Airsoft but the availability of the factory made .22 Sturmgewehrs later killed his ability to sell the Airsoft reworks. Very probably the same guy is doing the Airsoft 9MM's.
He brought a FG42 semi he made to the Creek to show me a couple years ago. Made his own sheet metal rec. with his self made dies. Bought a few pieces from Estes Adams and made the rest himself. Neat FG, well done.
Pete

Pete, was this Hans that you are referring to?

Military Rifle Journal
Back