Third Party Press

Need Help identifying my k98

Bigchaza

Hey Guys New here lurked on K98's for years and this one popped up never seen one like it before so i jumped on it can you guys help me out in identifying it, or give me some onfo about it?

what I know
8.15*46R
seems to be a target rifle version
image1.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg

Tiroler Standschützen Verband ??
1935-39?

Am sure someone on this forum with way more knowledge than I will chime in.

More pictures and close up's would be helpful

Looks like a Wehrmanngewehr, hope i spelled it right. Few results here on them, and a bit more info on some other boards. This will get you started. i found one a few years back in a gunsmiths shop in upstate ny that i was able to purchase and save from bein turned into a deer rifle. Ill try to get a pix or 2 of mine up. Mines not TSV marked

http://www.k98kforum.com/search.php?searchid=2587516

hth

edit...pix

4A6C2199-EAF2-4BF8-B05E-139D7A4DC090.jpg

funny i see this thread today, im loadin up some cast rounds for it now. Its one of my best lead bullet shooters.

lear

Last edited:
9182ED34-DB0C-4297-9701-4D4EE5909A05.jpgA3035669-5994-4805-A626-AE145F58DD49.jpg2F73C49F-9636-4637-8A21-FDE4E1083A89.jpg

Hope this helps I am told it is a Mauser Einheitsgewehr (universal) target rifle Pro-Nazi Tyrolean

Here is the full speel it came with
This is a beautiful example of an extremely rare pre-war Mauser Einheitsgewehr (universal) target rifle as manufactured circa 1930. This is a new made "Mauser Banner" target rifle, not reworked WWI rifle, manufactured on special order for the Pro-Nazi Tyrolean Austrian shooting clubs. It is chambered for the 8.15 X 46R, standard military/schuetzen target rifle cartridge used from 1900-1945. These rifles were used in both military/international 300 meter rifle matches (akin to our National Matches) as well as off-hand Schuetzen matches as either a repeater or single shot; hence the name "einheitsgewehr". Some were even given away as top shooting prizes by the Nazis at military/special shooting events. It is estimated that only 20-30 of these rifles are even known or documented in the U.S. today. The top of the receiver ring is marked with a large "Austrian/Nazi Eagle clutching a Swastika/ T.S.T.V./20078 with the left side stamped with the pre-war Commercial "Crown over B, G and U" proofs and commercial "Eagle/N" firing proof. The side wall is marked: "Mauser-Werke A.G. Oberndorf A.N." and the rear bridge is stamped with the "Mauser Banner" logo. The rear of the barrel is stamped: "20681/8.15x46R". The barrel is 29 inches long, that is fitted with a standard front sight and a special military style "300 Meter" rear sight calibrated for the "8.15 x 46R" cartridge. The sight face is marked, "100, 175 and 300" meters for the Military/International matches. The rear sight is also fully adjustable for windage, with the adjustment knob marked "1, 2, 3, 4 and 5". It has the early pre-war all milled components such as the early original K98-style Mauser turned down bolt and cocking assembly with the early milled trigger guard/floorplate, which has the small lock screws. The rifle has a high polished Mauser blue finish with a Gewehr length European walnut stock and handguard set. The stock is fitted with the early prewar "H" pattern front barrel band and the narrow WWI Gewehr style lower barrel band, along with a smooth flat buttplate. The stock has deep finger grooves on the sides and is fitted with a single stock bolt. There is a small pit area about 7" down the bore but the rest is 8 from 10, the bolt is miss matched as they were almost all destroyed during the war, according to collectors about 17 rifles remain, the rifle bolts were thrown into a box after target shooting, some of the matching number rifles were prizes given to people

Military Rifle Journal
Back