Third Party Press

BSW bolt oddity.

mowzerluvr

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?
Here is one of the many bSw bolts I have. It was man-handled in Norway post war. Armorer replaced safety, assuming done war time. Or not. The odd thing is the proof mark on the firing pin. It's a first for me.

DSC04755.jpgDSC04756.jpgDSC04757.jpgDSC04758.jpgDSC04759.jpgDSC04760.jpgDSC04761.jpgDSC04762.jpgDSC04763.jpgDSC04764.jpg

Inspection from Simson, probably a leftover if it’s numbered correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, missed that pic somehow. I've seen other Simson parts used by BSW before.

Inspection from Simson, probably a leftover if it’s numbered correctly.

That eagle associated with the 76 is somewhat unique compared to the others of the same period. While e/6 is much more common on firing pins can the e/76 help narrow the timeframe it was produced during the 98b production run? Just curious really. I'm guessing late but that's only based on some barrel finishing inspections.

That eagle associated with the 76 is somewhat unique compared to the others of the same period. While e/6 is much more common on firing pins can the e/76 help narrow the timeframe it was produced during the 98b production run? Just curious really. I'm guessing late but that's only based on some barrel finishing inspections.

That's what baffled me, I have seen the e/6 plenty but not the e/76.

I can’t be exact off the top of my head, but the Simson chapter in Vol 1 shows it. It’s a late Simson inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back