Third Party Press

Werhmacht Awards Forum (WAF)

MJ, all of that about Roehm makes perfect sense because these things must be placed within, and viewed through the prism of, their historical context. .
Yes, and who would they have shown this bag of Röhm blades to? Because the Nazis were like the Stasi... you were expected, as a Parteigenosse, to "tell" on the party member who was not "acting right" If you saw them doing something that was not fitting with NSDAP regulations, you were expected to go to the next Pg. up the ladder - Kreisleier, Blockleiter or whatever, and rapport on your fellow NSDAP member.
Period documents are full of these stories... so n so witnessed member X doing this, or saying that....
So excatly what would have been the point of any maker setting aside a few of these blades?

They would have been proud of making them? and wanted to show off their skills? Baah, making blades and etching a stupid motto was normal business, nothing to be proud of.
They wanted to risk having them and being closed down, seen as a traitor-worshiper and get carted off to a KZ?

Whatever we think of Röhm today, whether he was a homo or not, whether he really was planning a putch or not, doesn`t matter, as you say, the historical context is all that counts.

What about the metal collections that happened all the time throughout the war, with clubs even offering their old flag pole tops as scrap metal, households offering old forks and spoons, anything that could contribute to the war. And a company is just going to sit on a bag of blades that carry a traitors name for fun, nostalgia? Because they have a hunch that the Third Reich is going to come crashing down and in 25 years time those blades will be worth a few packs opf cigarettes?

No, look at the names selling them and promoting them, that`s all, then you have your answer.

I like GHW2 for German. For all US I like USMF. I have no internets presence anywhere but here and those two places.

Military Rifle Journal
Back