Third Party Press
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Werhmacht Awards Forum (WAF)

Default Werhmacht Awards Forum (WAF)

Anybody else having problems getting on WAF?

on going server issues. this isn't the 1st time they have been down.

I know and it is annoying. I am surprised that members haven't left yet. Paying money for a forum and not having access is not a good combination.

Waf is going downhill fast, for several years I basically only follow their estand and that too isn't anymore what it used to be a decade ago.
    They chased away decent collectors with their fake blessing (Matt M/Perry F for example) and expelling everyone that disagreed with a moderator (Tooth Willy).
    It woudn't surprise me that they will go offline completely in the near future.

That would be a shame. For all it's issues, it is the best all around WWII German forum. I have been a member since 2004, most of the time paying.

Jeff
    Collecting latewar K98k rifles and snipers and scopes, and WWII German 6x30 binoculars.

INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Quote Originally Posted by ditch68 View Post
    That would be a shame. For all it's issues, it is the best all around WWII German forum. I have been a member since 2004, most of the time paying.

Jeff
    If you know enough to see through the rah rah toadie horsesh!te, censorship and such. But if you can see through that you really don't need them. When I first signed on in 2005 (and was banned shortly thereafter I was politely asked to get on board the GOB train) I thought rah rahing certain "exotic freshie" camo helmets as a joke, i.e., sarcasm. The problem is that reality, truth, and knowledge were being distorted because they censored and ran off those who disagreed. This is what perpetuated the "Great Champagne Rune Fraud". The prevailing mentality in some of their forums is best described as the "Cyber Max Show." Those who know, know exactly what I mean. There are some genuinely RKIs at WAF, but those have become fewer and fewer in number. These are all just my opinions of course. I've collected happily without WAF since 2005. A better thing would be maybe for me to buy WAF, eliminate some moderators, keeping some, and install moderators like we have here. That place would boom. Of course, it would then be free and wouldn't be as profitable as it is, but I guess I could use it as a business loss.
    Last edited by Hambone; 06-21-2018 at 06:18 PM.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Technical issues and forums go hand in hand. With first hand knowledge, I can assure you that keeping a forum online 24-7 is impossible. This forum is long in the tooth itself, meaning the software that supports it. It hasn't been updated by the provider (VBulletin) in a LOOOOONG time, and before long they will discontinue support altogether. At that point, we will be forced to buy the new version of Vbulletin which is different than this version. Long story short, WAF is probably doing what we are, using old software for continuities sake, as "moving" to new software is a whole new nightmare.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    Technical issues and forums go hand in hand. With first hand knowledge, I can assure you that keeping a forum online 24-7 is impossible. This forum is long in the tooth itself, meaning the software that supports it. It hasn't been updated by the provider (VBulletin) in a LOOOOONG time, and before long they will discontinue support altogether. At that point, we will be forced to buy the new version of Vbulletin which is different than this version. Long story short, WAF is probably doing what we are, using old software for continuities sake, as "moving" to new software is a whole new nightmare.
    That's not related to the douchebaggery though.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Is that a word? Can I use it? Love it.....

Quote Originally Posted by 20PZGR View Post
    Is that a word? Can I use it? Love it.....
    Yes, I believe it is. And yes you may.