Third Party Press

1st Model FG-42

frenchy

OK--It been a while since SMG started on the 1st model FG-42(great)--Now has anyone heard of any progress on the retail build,,Know full well that SMG has to pay operating cost while things are being made--I just want to know have any been made for their customers(me),,,I do own the 2nd model and would not sell it for doubled the cost,,As it worked as it was supposed to when Rick and his crew built it--So how is the 1st model coming along,?,Anyone have one yet??--Thanks:happy0180:

Hi frenchy! Nice to see you're still in the game buddy!! They aren't for sale yet. I think the stock is the biggest problem. But I have no doubt SMG will find a way.

Hi frenchy! Nice to see you're still in the game buddy!! They aren't for sale yet. I think the stock is the biggest problem. But I have no doubt SMG will find a way.

Yes ,My friend still in the game,,But not the collector I use to be,,As of now in order for me to buy something,,I have to sell some thing""---But In this day and age,,Its hard to have your cake and eat it to,,,I sold a very large part of my Dragunov collection as well as other great things,,But it kept my children in cars and schools,,,But the main fact why I cut back on collecting is both my age and health,,,What the NVA/VC didn't do to me with bullets a Hand Grenades,,,The US made chemicals (agent orange/blue and what ever) are now taken over..I was diagnose in the early 80s or late 70s that I'm carrying dioxins in my systems,,Now its infecting my bone marrow as well as my bones...So I will just try and get or collect what I can afford,,,I had it all ,Just about in my life,,Great children,,Lots of "Big Boy Toys",,From airplanes to guns,,,Boy did I won some neat stuff--Thanks for thinking of me my friend ,,,Most sincerely Frenchy :thumbsup:

Hi frenchy! They aren't for sale yet. I think the stock is the biggest problem. But I have no doubt SMG will find a way.

Just a heads up..stopped buy the site to day and he had a post dated 07/20/18 saying that they are fully approved and ready to start taking orders and get into production as soon as they get time to contact all previous buyers of the Type II and give them first shot @ a Type I.

Break open your piggy banks boys and girls and start saving your nickles and dimes...get'em while they last.

Just a heads up..stopped buy the site to day and he had a post dated 07/20/18 saying that they are fully approved and ready to start taking orders and get into production as soon as they get time to contact all previous buyers of the Type II and give them first shot @ a Type I.

Break open your piggy banks boys and girls and start saving your nickles and dimes...get'em while they last.

Don't suppose we know the price yet?

:happy0180: Waa ! Wooo,,Yepi:thumbsup:

:happy0180: Waa ! Wooo,,Yepi:thumbsup:

OK !! Back again with the same QUESTION,(????),,,,Any Word on the 1st Model FG-42 ??? From SMG,,As I haven't been on this side of the net for awhile,,To much other things going one in my life,,That I'm still trying to cope with...As I was hoping to have one by the beginning of this year,,For give me Rick,,I do know your burning the candle (candles) ON BOTH ENDS,,But are there any out there ,,That this Old Dog could own//Just asking,,I close with resect to all who read this message,,,Most sincerely Frenchy:happy0180:--I'm still in the fight

It brings a smile to my face to see a post from you Frenchy!! I know you will never surrender sir!

I'm not aware of any updates on the Type 1.

OK !! Back again with the same QUESTION,(????),,,,Any Word on the 1st Model FG-42 ??? From SMG,,As I haven't been on this side of the net for awhile,,To much other things going one in my life,,That I'm still trying to cope with...As I was hoping to have one by the beginning of this year,,For give me Rick,,I do know your burning the candle (candles) ON BOTH ENDS,,But are there any out there ,,That this Old Dog could own//Just asking,,I close with respect to all who read this message,,,Most sincerely Frenchy:happy0180:--I'm still in the fight

Thanks for your reply Wilhelm...I know the big hold up was the butt stock,,Maybe some job shop over seas could stamp out the stock,,I know the dies are the high cost item,,But there has to be a place in the world that can handle a project like the buttt stock at a fare price,,,But That I really do not know,,,My self I was thinking of maybe Romania,,As I have dealt directly with them,,And the price of the items we needed was more then fair

Hi Frenchy,

Yes we are burning the candle both sides, no need to leave an unused section..... I realized after sending out the first sets of "are you interested in the type I" to a number of type II buyers that there was little to no interest in the rifle with the options we had at that time. Options being a wooden one or a Shoei aluminum one. The Shoei stocks look great but aren't exactly the right spacing between dia's for our rifle and they are sorta heavy being solid with no good way to get inside to remove the weight.

So couple the lack of interest with us about to run out of funds we back burnered the type I and focused on trying to come up with survival money. We made it and now we are re-focused and it is about all we work on. The pistol grip was the second largest hurdle and was resolved. Then my oldest took on the buttstock in all it's difficulty and here we are. A steel buttstock and pistol grip that we can do - difficulty aside - and will do to sell rifles.

Take a look at the pics and see what you think. Understand nothing you are looking at is final form. The pistol grip is a 1st or 2nd rendition and the edge radiuses have been changed more better but it was the only one with grooves - even those not right - for pictures. We have stayed silent until we had something meaningful but I think we are about there. Miles to go before we sleep....

Think you are gonna like the rifle!

Rick & Sons
DSCF3175.JPGDSCF3177.JPGDSCF3181.JPGthumbnail.jpgthumbnail1.jpg

Thanks! Now if we could just get a ruling on where the web of your hand sits we might have a new riflke flavor for the folks in Ca. : )

Thanks! Now if we could just get a ruling on where the web of your hand sits we might have a new riflke flavor for the folks in Ca. : )

Screw that. I've started working on a "fixed mag" conversion of my Type II. Basically you have to remove the buffer and pull the bolt a bit further back then during normal cycling in order to be able to pivot the mag lock lever and eject the mag. It's still kind of half baked but I have already successfully designed a new mag release button for PTR44 and MP44 semi-autos. It only allows the button to be depressed when the butt stock is off and the fire control group 45 degrees swung out. Fully compliant with the latest edicts handed down by the Politbureau of the Communist Party in Sacramento.

DSC09994.JPG DSC09995.JPG

Screw that... Fully compliant with the latest edicts handed down by the Politbureau of the Communist Party in Sacramento.

I'm laughing but it's really not funny. Good on you to void their nonsense with some 'simple' common sense. 'It's for the children'

..my oldest took on the buttstock in all it's difficulty and here we are. A steel buttstock and pistol grip that we can do - difficulty aside

..Take a look at the pics and see what you think

I agree I think it looks really good. EDM to make the dies?

Thanks, I will tell him. Nope, we have a sinker EDM we use on some stuff but thats a pretty slow go. What you see, thats pure programming......

If you get the Ca. compliant thing going let me know. We still get folks wanting the rifle there.

Hi Frenchy,

Yes we are burning the candle both sides, no need to leave an unused section..... I realized after sending out the first sets of "are you interested in the type I" to a number of type II buyers that there was little to no interest in the rifle with the options we had at that time. Options being a wooden one or a Shoei aluminum one. The Shoei stocks look great but aren't exactly the right spacing between dia's for our rifle and they are sorta heavy being solid with no good way to get inside to remove the weight.

So couple the lack of interest with us about to run out of funds we back burnered the type I and focused on trying to come up with survival money. We made it and now we are re-focused and it is about all we work on. The pistol grip was the second largest hurdle and was resolved. Then my oldest took on the buttstock in all it's difficulty and here we are. A steel buttstock and pistol grip that we can do - difficulty aside - and will do to sell rifles.

Take a look at the pics and see what you think. Understand nothing you are looking at is final form. The pistol grip is a 1st or 2nd rendition and the edge radiuses have been changed more better but it was the only one with grooves - even those not right - for pictures. We have stayed silent until we had something meaningful but I think we are about there. Miles to go before we sleep....

Think you are gonna like the rifle!

Rick & Sons
View attachment 196093View attachment 196094View attachment 196095View attachment 196096View attachment 196097
:hail::hail:,,Wow that really looks good,,,Thanks to both of you,,,,What a great look item your :hail:son has made,,Just wish you could have some company over sea or state side who was willling to work with you and stamp them out at a fair price..Take care and stay well,I wish you the best in all you do ,Most sincerely Frenchy:happy0180:

Screw that. I've started working on a "fixed mag" conversion of my Type II. Basically you have to remove the buffer and pull the bolt a bit further back then during normal cycling in order to be able to pivot the mag lock lever and eject the mag. It's still kind of half baked but I have already successfully designed a new mag release button for PTR44 and MP44 semi-autos. It only allows the button to be depressed when the butt stock is off and the fire control group 45 degrees swung out. Fully compliant with the latest edicts handed down by the Politbureau of the Communist Party in Sacramento.

View attachment 196098 View attachment 196099

Lots of Talent on this forum---My hats of to you for coming up with your ideas G/K---Items look out standing-- Mosy sincerely Frenchy:happy0180:

Military Rifle Journal
Back