Third Party Press

1st Model FG-42

Hi Frenchy,

Yes we are burning the candle both sides, no need to leave an unused section..... I realized after sending out the first sets of "are you interested in the type I" to a number of type II buyers that there was little to no interest in the rifle with the options we had at that time. Options being a wooden one or a Shoei aluminum one. The Shoei stocks look great but aren't exactly the right spacing between dia's for our rifle and they are sorta heavy being solid with no good way to get inside to remove the weight.

So couple the lack of interest with us about to run out of funds we back burnered the type I and focused on trying to come up with survival money. We made it and now we are re-focused and it is about all we work on. The pistol grip was the second largest hurdle and was resolved. Then my oldest took on the buttstock in all it's difficulty and here we are. A steel buttstock and pistol grip that we can do - difficulty aside - and will do to sell rifles.

Take a look at the pics and see what you think. Understand nothing you are looking at is final form. The pistol grip is a 1st or 2nd rendition and the edge radiuses have been changed more better but it was the only one with grooves - even those not right - for pictures. We have stayed silent until we had something meaningful but I think we are about there. Miles to go before we sleep....

Think you are gonna like the rifle!

Rick & Sons
View attachment 196093View attachment 196094View attachment 196095View attachment 196096View attachment 196097

When do I send the check...?

Hi agalland,

Not until we have sent you a "are you interested" email and then finish them out to a point it all looks good to you. We are hoping the first rifle in the next 3-4 months. Seems like a long time but man time flies whether you are having fun or not...... We just re-sent the first set of emails to the first type II buyers giving all those folks a second look but I can tell you that of course not every type II buyer will be a type I buyer. So we may run through the "buyers of type II get first shot" thing by the end of the year. Excited about this rifle but still a few of the unknowns yet to be overcome. lol

I have a cool little German publication that shows a lot of details on parts failures on the type I not shown in Death From Above and one or two kinda made us go "oh yeah".... Sorta cool but not, and as we try to build a little closer to the original we will probably have some of the same issues. Better metallurgy and heat treat go a long way but some things are inherent....

Rick

Military Rifle Journal
Back