Third Party Press

Early or earlierst Ajack Dienstglas

katana

Good evening value collector friends, I turn to you to help me with this Ajack. Please look at the pictures and tell me if I'm right with my guess. Is this Ajack one of the earliest official glasses ?? Has anyone seen something in this serial number range? My mentor says that it would definitely be an SS glass. What is your opinion ?? Unfortunately I do not get the lettering better photographed.
Regards Michael

Attachments

• k-IMG_0232.JPG
    k-IMG_0232.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 93
  • k-IMG_0229.JPG
    k-IMG_0229.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 105
  • k-IMG_0233.JPG
    k-IMG_0233.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 92
  • k-IMG_0230.JPG
    k-IMG_0230.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 85
  • k-IMG_0240.JPG
    k-IMG_0240.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 85
  • k-IMG_0127.JPG
    k-IMG_0127.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 72
  • k-IMG_0128.JPG
    k-IMG_0128.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 67
  • k-IMG_0234.JPG
    k-IMG_0234.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 97
Michael, I am aware of Ajack 35.9xx on SSR mount also with 1-3 engraving and rifle number on the tube (comes with matching numbers SSR mount). Interestingly the mount is of the "Köhler pattern", with no manufacturers markings and the slightly beveled base between the rings. I therefore believe the scope of yours should NOT have the "SS Dienstglas" engraving since it pre-dates the scope I am aware of.

There are known legitimate examples of SS Ajack SSR Scopes that have Rifle Number on Tube and on one side of Turret is Ajack 4X90 and Opposite Side is Serial#356XX range and Range Dial 1<->3 . Best Regards

Are there any traces of a Scrubbed Rifle Number on left side of tube ????

Scope tube

Dave
If you look closely at the pictures, there is a rifle serial number on the right side of the scope tube.
Legit military ss ajack scope.
Regards

There are known legitimate examples of SS Ajack SSR Scopes that have Rifle Number on Tube and on one side of Turret is Ajack 4X90 and Opposite Side is Serial#356XX range and Range Dial 1<->3 . Best Regards

Are there any traces of a Scrubbed Rifle Number on left side of tube ????

Dave
If you look closely at the pictures, there is a rifle serial number on the right side of the scope tube.
Legit military ss ajack scope.
Regards

Well Your eyes are MUCH better than mine then . It appears like there MAYBE a number in photo number 2 but I could not be sure thats why I asked . If in fact there is a number or remnants of one it would be Legit SS Scope . I was lucky enough to pick up one Years Ago this variation is a hard Scope to come by . Best Regards .

There is one other Variation that is Extremely Rare , I have only ever seen One for sale . Its not mine so I cannot & will not post Pics of it . But I can send You Pics if You like ??.

There is one other Variation that is Extremely Rare , I have only ever seen One for sale . Its not mine so I cannot & will not post Pics of it . But I can send You Pics if You like ??.
I had sent him the pictures I have sent you on 15th of May, if you were referring to them. It was the scope I was referring to in my post here, same style and complete with matching numbers mount.

Decided to attached them here, but censored since not my mount. The missing link between the Köhler and the Ajack scopes on the SSR mount. Note scope is matching numbers to the SSR mount. Scope base is mismatching, but also of the earlier type with the securing screws on the right side.

Attachments

• IMG_2197.jpg
    IMG_2197.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2200.jpg
    IMG_2200.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2202.jpg
    IMG_2202.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2207.jpg
    IMG_2207.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 37
Hi and thanks for your great help. I´ve make more pics from the scope,perhaps helf this a little bit.
Regards Michael

Attachments

• k-IMG_0157.JPG
    k-IMG_0157.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 40
  • k-IMG_0158.JPG
    k-IMG_0158.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 37
  • k-IMG_0159.JPG
    k-IMG_0159.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 37

Military Rifle Journal