Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something to Go With S. Mi. 35 Thread, Sealed Box of 3 S. Mi. 35 Zunder

Default Something to Go With S. Mi. 35 Thread, Sealed Box of 3 S. Mi. 35 Zunder

Thanks to a sharp eyed buddy, I am the lucky owner of this, really cool, still sealed when I got it 3 fuze box for the S Mine 35 Main fuze...

This is the pronged fuze that screwed to the top of the S Mine 35 (Bouncing Betty)....when buried, only the prongs stuck up above the ground, almost impossible to see.

As packed they have the safety pin installed, this prevents the pressure plate from being pushed down. Once you screwed it to the top of the mine, you removed the pin, and planted the mine.

I don't remember off the top of my head exactly how much force pushed down the pressure plate, but as these were anti-personnel, it wasn't a whole lot...

There is a spring loaded striker inside, held in place with small ball bearings...as pressure is placed on the prongs it presses down on the striker, when the pressure overcomes the friction of the ball bearings, the striker shoots down and initiates the percussion cap inside. That is all that is inside these is a primer essentially, like a shotgun primer, that's all it takes to initiate the S. Mine...

The bakelite box was sealed with green tape (looked much like cotton surgical tape. Inside the three fuzes were wrapped in cardboard, with three lengths of cord, and a tissue paper roll with three extra safety pins...

There is a label on top, inside the top, and on the bottom.

This to me was a fantastic find!

Here is a pic showing the new box, a box (empty when I got it) I already had, just to compare labels, then the label inside the lid, and the label inside the bottom...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are the contents...

Note each one comes with a bakelite shipping plug in place. The lengths of cord confuse me a bit, as there is no way to use these as a pull initiated fuze, like with a trip wire...

Now, there is a three way adapter you can use with the S mine, which allows the S Mine Zinder 35 to screw onto the middle, and two pull initiator fuzes to angle off the sides to use with trip wires.

This allows the mine to effectively cover much more real estate as far as initiation goes....

Hope you enjoy seeing these!

Default Mine

My 35 would love to have these with it...

Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar

Very cool. I need some of these fuse boxes but for the M24 stick grenade.

Thanks guys, yeah, I've never seen one like this..

Here is a picture of it sealed...

Glad I caught this thread. I live in VA and there is an auction house in Virginia Beach that has this kind of stuff all the time and also collectible military guns. They had two Erma 22 conversion kit with all parts with the original wooden case that went for $1,100 EACH a couple months ago.

It's called Echoes of Glory International Military Auction House.
    http://classicfirearmsandechoesofglory.com/home/4069711

They have some really cool stuff, you just have to keep an eye out for their auctions. A few months ago there was several items that caught my eye--they had a U-Boat signaling light (awesome) and a U-Boat scuttle detonator timer (really awesome).

In fact, they have an auction going on right now (ends in 9 days) on Proxi-bid that has a bunch of mine stuff. See below.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog...=1&sort=4#cnTb

Best check all the lots in case I missed something.

Lot 42: US Military M117 Simulator Booby Trap Kit with Accessories

Lot 43: Group Lot of Various German Military WWII era Ordnance Items LOOKS KINDA LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
    Description: Group Lot of Various German Military WWII era Ordnance Items like land mine in an original fuse box. Condition is very good.

Lot 166: Group Lot of Various German Military WWII Ordnance Items (A) LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE WHAT YOU HAVE
    Description: Group Lot of Various German Military WWII era Ordnance Items like land mine and grenade fuses, booby-trap igniters in and original fuse box. Condition is very good.

Lot 170: British Military WWII Mine Field Warning Marker (A)

They also have some other cool stuff.. several Stielhandgranate and Stielhandgranate parts, Nebeleihandgranate "Egg" Smoke Grenade...

Just let me know your bid number so I can drive the price up

A few of the pictures.

Looked at one of their upcoming auctions, the one after the one I linked to above, and you should definitely want add this to your collection. Just in case.

Lot 31:
    USMC Vietnam Issue Lower Torso Body Armor (CPD)
    This armor was worn like underwear to protect sensitive areas from shrapnel and booby-traps.

https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/USMC-V...p?lid=42963039

Wreck, are you connected in any way with this auction?
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

I love me some ordinance. Here is my full box of Brennzunder 24's dated 1943 in the paper box.
    Mark

I call this my Devils Box...
    Mark