Third Party Press

Thread: M1915 Prussian Jager Shako

Default M1915 Prussian Jager Shako

Recent purchase. Office decoration in a glass box, instead of prints or paintings. I've always wanted one of these and a pickelhaube. This one is a large size 59.5, 1916 date.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super nice... I too have always wanted one of these....BILL

I don't see any Kammerstempel indicating Jäger issue... could be Train, etc.
    These have a tendency to shrink laterally. You might want to construct a form which keeps it blacked and not resting on the visors, eliminating stress on the visor threads.

Tks Bill. WafP, Could be telegraph too. I don't think it was issued, so it could have been any of those. Given the date it probably never came out of stores due to introduction of the M1916 helmet which was replacing these and pickelhaubes. No depot / issue markings, and condition, probably a bond giveaway lid. It and the pickelhaube are in glass cases and will be on the same helmet stands I use for all my helmets, except for being cut down in height and having more support internally. Good advice that not everyone is aware of re stress on the visort and stitches. What surprised me is that a regular ole M.40 Heer helmet in decent shape sells for as much or more as this and it is much harder to find, particularly original in nice shape.
    Last edited by Hambone; 10-09-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Nice addition to your collection Hambone!

P

Hambone,
    Very nice indeed. I am looking for an EM M1915 Prussian pickelhaube to display aside my grandfathers portrait. They tell me what I am looking for is one of the more common. Your Jager Shako is quite rare especially in the condition it is in. Thanks for posting.
    Mike