Third Party Press

Greetings from behind enemy lines in NJ

Good evening all. I am new here and have just started getting interested in Mauser's, having been spurred by getting my first M1 Garand. I started looking at 1903's which led me to the Mauser. I am waiting for a M48 that I found for a decent price. I know it's collect-ability isn't going through the roof anytime soon but it gets a Mauser in my hands. I have several Ak's, Ar's, SKS's M1's, and soon the M48. But I really want a k98. It would seem I have been bitten by the bug a few years to late, as far as prices go.

Any recommendations on a decent k98 or variant? And what are some good places to look? Just remember we don't have gun shows here in the "Peoples Republic of New Jersey".

I see I have to watch out for fakes, just like in the WWII German militaria market. Anyway I just want to learn more about these rifles and probably become addicted to them as with my other style rifles.

Good evening all. I am new here and have just started getting interested in Mauser's, having been spurred by getting my first M1 Garand. I started looking at 1903's which led me to the Mauser. I am waiting for a M48 that I found for a decent price. I know it's collect-ability isn't going through the roof anytime soon but it gets a Mauser in my hands. I have several Ak's, Ar's, SKS's M1's, and soon the M48. But I really want a k98. It would seem I have been bitten by the bug a few years to late, as far as prices go.

Any recommendations on a decent k98 or variant? And what are some good places to look? Just remember we don't have gun shows here in the "Peoples Republic of New Jersey".

I see I have to watch out for fakes, just like in the WWII German militaria market. Anyway I just want to learn more about these rifles and probably become addicted to them as with my other style rifles.

A big welcome from your neighbor to the East (Hillary Clinton's adopted state of NY). Your best chance of coming across a legit k98 is the trader forum on this site. There are a lot of trustworthy and honorable members on this forum who can help you verify a rifle if you happen to come across one locally as well.

A big welcome from your neighbor to the East (Hillary Clinton's adopted state of NY). Your best chance of coming across a legit k98 is the trader forum on this site. There are a lot of trustworthy and honorable members on this forum who can help you verify a rifle if you happen to come across one locally as well.

Thank you. Any help is appreciated. Is there anything special I have to do to access the trader forum?

Thank you. Any help is appreciated. Is there anything special I have to do to access the trader forum?

Just keep posting after a few more posts you will be able too see it. Its a security measure for scammers.

Welcome from Indiana by the way. :happy0180:

Welcome! NJ didn't use to suck but it is what it is now. You will see some very nice rifles (and other stuff) here at sensible prices too.

Welcome! NJ didn't use to suck but it is what it is now. You will see some very nice rifles (and other stuff) here at sensible prices too.

Thanks Heavy, NJ is getting pretty bad. A few years and I am out. I will keep my eyes open, in hindsight I wish I had been bitten by the Mauser bug some years ago. When prices were reasonable. But....no. lol

Military Rifle Journal
Back