Third Party Press
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Humped up K43 "Sniper"

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 2 Tank View Post
    Absolutely true! If that rig was 100% correct, it would definitely bring $11,500 and I would go further and say maybe a tad more.....especially if it had any accessories to it.

Thanks mdarnell19, I started a post but wasn’t sure of the rules so I killed the photo I put up. Your thread is much better.

I wonder though; if everything on the rifle is correct, except that mess of a bolt carrier, would it be proper to replace the bolt carrier with an armorer’s bolt carrier and call it original?
    I can tell you I have been offered more than 11k for mine pic stickied here.

Quote Originally Posted by jack944 View Post
    I can tell you I have been offered more than 11k for mine pic stickied here.
    I don’t doubt it at all. I paid a real shinny penny for mine. Glad to have it and it’ll hopefully remain with us unless something happens. You just don’t run into totally original matching ones very often. The next best thing is to find an un-numbered one.

not sure what vet brought it back ??? you would think after handling as many as he has it was obvious ???

pleading incompetence is how most of these guys roll.... if caught.

Shame I always thought old Fatty was somewhat honest, of course just about everything he sells is way overpriced. If you show up at his table in Allentown it is possible to haggle him down somewhat. I purchased a rifle and pistol from him years ago and never payed what he was asking for them. (both items were correct)
    HDH.

He's anything but honest. I've dealt with him twice, once when he tried to scam me out of the sniper rifle and once when I was selling a Type 94 pistol. He was slimy both times.
    Some P38 "experts" are yo-yo's who, for some reason lost on me, can't or won't accept the truth when it's staring them in the face.

Scotty is a typical high volume dealer at this point. He gets some gems, he gets crap. He sales anything in between. Like a grey blanket sale, buy the item not with blind reliance on the seller. You have to know what you are doing to buy from just about anyone, except a few we know here,(even that has not worked for me) or you are throwing the dice. This is not Vegas but poor selection and doing no homework is a similar gamble.

Their high prices are "haggle room". I think he knows that the price he sets is not "the price" he'll get usually, so put it high and work down with a potential buyer.

This rifle, I think he knows isn't right as he has a good photo of the problem area, the bolt carrier. This way, if somehow it all goes to Hell on them, he can say that he showed the bolt carrier and the buyer should have known or did the research. I just wonder what the internals look like.

They will give refunds. I bought a pretty bad K.98k from them, not knowing it was that bad as the photos just didn't show the extent of the problems it had. Still had to pay for shipping and the hassle and disappointment of getting a not so good item. Pain in the ass!!!!!! But, I did get a decent pistol from them a while back. Just have to be really careful with them.

I had purchased a dual lug AC45 from him several years ago and was pleased with it so it is kind of on the buyer to know what they are looking at. That bolt carrier is a disgrace though so there is no defending that. There are worse to deal with for sure. I do not make it a habit of buying online and only what I can see in person, best way to avoid mix ups and returns or hidden issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I had purchased a dual lug AC45 from him several years ago and was pleased with it so it is kind of on the buyer to know what they are looking at. That bolt carrier is a disgrace though so there is no defending that. There are worse to deal with for sure. I do not make it a habit of buying online and only what I can see in person, best way to avoid mix ups and returns or hidden issues.

The only way I deal with that Guy is in person, No internet/phone. However putting up that Turd for 11.5K is a new low, even for him.
    What do you think he payed for it?

Because of the pictures if he knows it's a Turd and asking that kind of money for it then he is a Rip-Off artist, pure & simple!
    Last edited by Model; 07-12-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    HDH.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mauser99 View Post
    ..pleading incompetence is how most of these guys roll.... if caught.
    A certain large individual loves using the phrase 'they might be original but we just don't know'.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"