Third Party Press

StG44 disconnector

I can't help it. I HAVE to shoot mine. I can't stand just staring at something. Over time, I hope to get a few dents and some rust on there.

LOL

I understand, you also have to remember most of us original owners have been shooting these things (off & on) going on eight years now. Not a new toy for us,
But still cool. :happy0180:

When I first got one I was very concerned about breaking something, especially from a matching rifle that’s 70+ years old. But after 1,000s! of rounds I realized how incredibly robust these are. I only don’t shoot the minty ones because of wear. I’m kinda at a lose as to why the SSD/PRTs suffer so many problems. They seem like nice replicas up close.
I don’t really shoot this MP43/1 anymore.

Last edited:
Sorry don’t really get how to upload pics on here.. never really had any hiccups even with the rewelded semi except when I tried some of those cheap new made magazines

Attachments

• 006F21CE-1422-42A4-8546-D6288E24FB95.jpeg
    006F21CE-1422-42A4-8546-D6288E24FB95.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 7176B532-BE13-4647-920B-C99832D1DB60.jpg
    7176B532-BE13-4647-920B-C99832D1DB60.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 7E4328A1-CED5-4046-9153-F517BCAA97F9.jpeg
    7E4328A1-CED5-4046-9153-F517BCAA97F9.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 28
shooting them

When I first got one I was very concerned about breaking something, especially from a matching rifle that’s 70+ years old. But after 1,000s! of rounds I realized how incredibly robust these are. I only don’t shoot the minty ones because of wear. I’m kinda at a lose as to why the SSD/PRTs suffer so many problems. They seem like nice replicas up close.
I don’t really shoot this MP43/1 anymore.
I'm with you Sen. When I look at all the empty 8 pound powder containers in my loading room I know I've shot and do shoot my MP's a bunch.
Pete

I can't help it. I HAVE to shoot mine. I can't stand just staring at something. Over time, I hope to get a few dents and some rust on there.

YES !!! SHOOOOOOT THEM !!! … or you won't know if something is defective or not until MUCH later - or never - when you might not be able to get it "fixed". Although, I guess I'd would have to agree that: "Yeah, it's an expensive toy now and I don't want hurt it." But WTF ... unless you wanna be buried with it, you got to say goodbye at some point. Personally, I'd rather get the prime miles off this muscle car myself and then sell it rather than let some a$$ hat enjoy them all. :biggrin1:

YES !!! SHOOOOOOT THEM !!! … or you won't know if something is defective or not until MUCH later - or never - when you might not be able to get it "fixed". Although, I guess I'd would have to agree that: "Yeah, it's an expensive toy now and I don't want hurt it." But WTF ... unless you wanna be buried with it, you got to say goodbye at some point. Personally, I'd rather get the prime miles off this muscle car myself and then sell it rather than let some a$$ hat enjoy them all. :biggrin1:

Totally agree with this! I can’t help myself from shooting every gun I own. Even my so called “investments” I somehow fail to see the point if it can’t go bang. 😁

Your eloquence is part of why I love you Doug. I completely agree with you buddy! I don't care what happens to it once I'm dead and gone I only care about enjoying it while I can.

Military Rifle Journal
Back