Third Party Press

Help: K98 Bayonet identification

So I picked up this bayonet for sixty dollars at a local antiques place and quite frankly I've done my research and can't find anything like it, It's a 41 COF (Eickhorn) with the serial number 7353 B and has three waffenamts in various places marked with A883. It also has laminated wood handles and no reinforcement bar. It also came with a scabbard for a Greek M95 Rifle bayonet that is marked with V&N and a crest. Overall the condition of the bayonet is quite used and lacks most of the laminated on the handles and well as the blued finish for the metal, The tip is bent slightly and its blade displays heavy use. See the attached photos below for a visual, I was hoping that this forum could possibly tell me the value of this bayonet.

Attachments

• IMG_4289.jpg
    IMG_4289.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4290.jpg
    IMG_4290.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4292.jpg
    IMG_4292.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 36
S84/98 bayonet made by C.Eickhorn in 1941 under code cof, as You already known, the grips are replacements as normally should be there a brown/black bakelite for this period, the grips are home made as there is missing cleaning hole, same as germans didnt use a beech wood or similar as here. Mainly nutwood. The screws are wrongly mounted in opposite direction,
The blade is probably sharpened as normally couldnt be fitted into a M95 scabbard, as the Mannlicher have only 23 mm wide blade. V&N didnt made scabbards for Greeks or M03 bayonets, most real You have there WW1 M95 bayonet scabbard for Austrians, when doubble headed eagle on hook. maybe a picture would help here.
Unfortunally no blueing on the piece remained only light rust or cleaned blade, the proofs are WaA883.
The price should be not high, anyway i would spent in future more money and buy a proper S84/98 bayonet with matching scabbard.br.Andy

Last edited:
S84/98 bayonet made by C.Eickhorn in 1941 under code cof, as You already known, the grips are replacements as normally should be there a brown/black bakelite for this period, the grips are home made as there is missing cleaning hole, same as germans didnt use a beech wood or similar as here. Mainly nutwood. The screws are wrongly mounted in opposite direction,
The blade is probably sharpened as normally couldnt be fitted into a M95 scabbard, as the Mannlicher have only 23 mm wide blade. V&N didnt made scabbard for Greeks or M03 bayonets, most real You have there WW1 M95 bayonet for Austrians, when doubble headed eagle on hook. maybe a picture would help here.
Unfortunally no blueing on the piece remained only light rust or cleaned blade, the proofs are WaA883.
The price should be not high, anyway i would spent in future more money and buy a proper S84/98 bayonet with matching scabbard.br.Andy

Thank you for the info, i’ll update my log book

Military Rifle Journal
Back