Third Party Press

So this walked in today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior1354

ax - hole
Yeah this piece of crap walked into the show today junk I don't want it anymore!

Attachments

• 20180714_132540.jpg
    20180714_132540.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 359
  • 20180714_132550.jpg
    20180714_132550.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 304
  • 20180714_132601.jpg
    20180714_132601.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 20180714_132608.jpg
    20180714_132608.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 20180714_132617.jpg
    20180714_132617.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 295
These are interesting. Despite being M marked and made in 39, I don’t think the navy got any steyr arms until late 40. I have only 4 out of 33 Steyr navy contracts with anything beyond the script N on the disc recorded. All other articles from 39-40 have a N or O and a number. It’s only in 41 where the remaining naval contracts show up with just stock M or N on disc.

Also yours fits in with the recorded rifles SN wise. I have 660/39 in NLS, a, b , c and d blocks. Then nothing until 40.

Yes totally! No collector value there. Probably all matching too huh? Seriously though what was the 'ask' on that?

The front triggerguard screw is the only mismatched part. Completely worthless now!

I'll be honest l'll explain about it when I get home from Ohio. You will be shocked but a lot of dealers here at the OGCA show passed on it because they didn't look at the stock markings. Like I have explained before to new collectors you have to do your research because this is what makes these kind of deals happen.

Damn its Polish, to bad she wasn't German you maybe able to recuperate some of your money LOL!!!;) Nice Buy!

Oh man... my weekend is feeling like a waste now haha. Hell of a find my friend!! Can’t wait to see more.

Alright just got back home from Ohio so I will tell you guys what happen. Pretty tried though long day.

Anyway an older gentleman walked in with this rifle and was talking too dealer here I know. And that guy is a dealer plain and simple buys stuff cheap too flip on gunbroker. He looked at this rifle while I was watching my friend's tables when he went outside too chat with some other members and collectors at the show. A few minutes later he sent the owner of this rifle on his way. I basically asked what kind of rifle he had. "Oh it was Steyr K98k 1939 660 I think." I said you let a 1939 660 walk away that was all matching and it wasn't a G29/40? "Yeap offered him $800 too he wouldn't take it." I was like are you kidding me that's a rare rifle. A 1939 660 K98k thats not a G29/40 would be a hell of a find.

Well something in my gut told me don't let that walk away so as soon as my friend got back I went after the guy. Well two other dealers were looking at the rifle when I found him. Same blah blah nice gun will you take this low offer. You all know the story. Well I finally was able too talk too the guy and look the rifle over. Turns out it was a G29/40 with a Radom crest with the Wz marking lined out. Rifle was all matching but the front trigger-guard screw and it was missing the cleaning rod. Also it didn't help as I was looking at this rifle another random guy tried bumping in on our conversion.

Guy's let me give you some advise if you got an interesting rifle in your hands at a show don't let some unknown butt hole weasel in on your deal. And this guy kept trying too say this gun was bad because it was cut for a sight hood and the front trigger guard screw was mismatched, and the cleaning rod was missing. Yeah bad advise right there and I corrected him about the cut for the sight hood and he went on his way. Yes this rifle was just ruined lol!

Anyway I looked at the rifle and told the gentleman this is Navy marked stock with disk. You should have seen the looks on those two dealers faces. Guess they didn't see that! I plainly said listen I'm interested in your rifle can we go back too my friends table. Well he did and I offered him a price that was a very fair offer for this rifle. More then most then some of these cheapskates in this show. He took it. I did ask him if he had any history on it. He said it was his dad's that was brought home from the war but he died when he was 10 years old in a car accident. Rifle was passed down too him by his grandfather later on when he got older. He had the rifle with the original sling that was on it ever since. Reason he was selling no kids in the family wanted it and he was getting too be his late 70s. Too bad really but I was happy too work with the man and give him a fair reasonable offer in the end.

Oh and the dealer I know that looked at this rifle first came back. And couldn't believe I bought that rifle that wasn't as minty as he wanted for his auctions. I just said yes it was just a combat carried boring Kriegsmarine rifle. The look on his face was also priceless.

Should have went too Mouser school on Notzi guns hahah! After all I'm just a young whippersnapper that knows nothing about these. :biggrin1:

Give me a couple days and I'll try too get some nice pictures posted for you guys.

Congrats Warrior, now it's in good hands and thank you for the background story! :happy0180:

@CanadianAR
A good summary and we have to exchange again, I have only 4 out of 37 Steyr Kriegsmarine contracts with anything beyond the script N on the disc recorded.

660/39 in "No letter", "a", "b" , "c" and "d" blocks.
660/40 in "No letter", "a", "b" , "c" and "d" blocks.
bnz 41 in "d", "e", "f", "g" and "h" blocks.

Regards,
Stephan

It’s a little known fact that the e/M designation is for müll, or garbage. Should have done your homework! Now send that to me :googlie

It’s a little known fact that the e/M designation is for müll, or garbage. Should have done your homework! Now send that to me :googlie

Nice try there! I didn't realize that's what it stood for? :)

I'm be waiting for the complete and thorough photo spread! Great job not letting that walk out of your life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Military Rifle Journal
Back