Third Party Press

Hensoldt Dialytan bmj 4x Scope for Review

ZF41 K98k

Hello guys,

I would appreciate some input on this Dialytan 'bmj' scope if possible. Right now it's the engraving which has me a little perplexed, just compared to the others I have seen before... It is currently mounted on what I believe is a 'repro' SC rifle.

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• S5008229.jpg
    S5008229.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0162 (1).jpg
    IMG_0162 (1).jpg
    273 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 1020258_-_photo_13_1527686201_big.jpg
    1020258_-_photo_13_1527686201_big.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 131
One thing is that the objective bell is too long to be a scope made for the SC. I bet it is hard to tip it off the rifle. Nice looking shooter though.

Your BMJ Scope is not correct type for a SC Rifle . It is actually a HT Scope from what I can see from these Pics . Best Regards .

Thank you guys for your input. I had a feeling the bmj with front sunshade wouldn't be right for the SC... but at least it's not trying to fool in that sense as a 'repro' SC rifle.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Which of the Scopes Pictured here does Your Scope resemble , if it is same style as first photo its most likely a Fake . Because to the best of my knowledge this variation never went above 7X,000 Serial Range . Unlike the other Variant BMJ which I posted pic of these BMJ Scopes did go into 85,XXX Serial Range .

I believe this is what Katana was pointing out . But Please Correct me if I misspoke !!!! Best Regards

Attachments

• DSC02960.jpg
    DSC02960.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 61
  • bmj_74051_2.JPG
    bmj_74051_2.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 67
Thank you both Katana and Dave...!

Unfortunately, it is like the first style shown in your photos Dave - with the longer front shade. I guess this may be an explanation for the odd 'look' of the engraving which I was having issues with initially?

If this is the case, may I ask what type of scope has been used to create such a 'fake'?

Thank you both Katana and Dave...!

Unfortunately, it is like the first style shown in your photos Dave - with the longer front shade. I guess this may be an explanation for the odd 'look' of the engraving which I was having issues with initially?

If this is the case, may I ask what type of scope has been used to create such a 'fake'?

If I had to guess I would say the most likely candidate was a Post War Assembled Dialytan BMJ Coded Scope , these Scopes are actually made from leftover/unused War Time Dialytan Parts but none had a Serial Number all of these BMJ/DKL Coded Post War Scopes will have NO SERIAL #. IMO thats what this started out as . But I will say regardless its a Fake in the respect that its not as original . Best Regards

Scope is definitely incorrect.

You should post more pics of the rifle and mounts. Could tell even more.

I am 99% sure your scope was made up based on an unused DKL scope tube. Note no step in the sunshade and additional screws in the tube.

Military Rifle Journal
Back