Third Party Press
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mint K98k bcd 41

Default Mint K98k bcd 41

Usually one would say "only dropped once", but this doesn't apply to the rifle in question. The soldier it was originally issued with retunred from Russia with this rifle, at the very end of the war mainly on his own feet (to Carinthia, in Southern of Austria). He said he would not had survived without this rifle, and he owes his life to it. Therefore he carefully oiled it at his home and put it into storage and kept it, until he sold it.

One might now throw it I should buy the gun and not the story, but I would not worry on this too much since this one is less used than a "only dropped once" gun - because it was never dropped!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just stunning!

Having noticed we only have two BCD 41 coded K98k rifles in the picture library got me to take very detailed pictures of this rifle to post them here for a reference too.

Personally I also really love the "out of line" application of the stock stamps and the red miscolored bolt. And of course this is one of very few guns which had survived with all stock markings fully readable.

And finally a single last picture of what I also had liked a lot on the gun - the both e marked and WaA proofed safety.

Fantastic looking rifle!

That’s a beauty!

Super nice, the kind of rifle you build a collection around. I’ll pic sticky it when I get a chance. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    I’ll pic sticky it when I get a chance.
    Good call! I was just about to suggest that. It is truly a fantastic rifle in 'absolut' mint condition. Great find and thanks for sharing it too. Nice safety as you mentioned since many of those dual marked bits would soon lose their second mark... recoil lug, safety, etc. Not many 41's around looking like this.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Beautiful rifle! "Mint", though, should mean in original factory fresh condition. Someone took nice care of this rifle while it was in their possession, evidently taking care to avoid handling rash. Thanks for posting!
    Wanted: K98 Dou-42 bolt 5235b, and Port. bayonet G19383

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsmgguy View Post
    "Mint", though, should mean in original factory fresh condition.
    I don't know? Looking at pic 10 in post 1 for instance. You could get a cut from how sharp the edge of the bolt cutout is. And the extractor has only 2 very slight scrapes from where it passes through the receiver bridge. How many times was the bolt even cycled? I just think this is really about as unused as I've seen.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"