Third Party Press
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mint K98k bcd 41

I would like to see a side by side comparison photo of this rifle and a late war production. Just to see where things went is just a few years.

That's a beauty Absolut, pic stickied. Outstanding background.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Hi Rob,
    Check pic #7 in post 3 of this thread, it looks like a depot stamp under the WaA. They appear to be letters instead of numbers.
    Hey Pat- to me it looks like WaA749 with an e/749 underneath, I believe this was standard on 41 gustloff

Wow, it did attract quite some attention. More than I had thought it would attract!

tsmgguy we can indeed argue if the condition can be called "mint", but what you mention would indicate NOS or even "unused" or "factory new". While we for sure can agree that this rifle neither is factory new nor unused I however don't have a problem in calling it mint. At least it would be very hard to upgrade or find one in a better condition.

Pat, the proof on the heel is a 749 proof, no depot marking. Sorry if the picture is too poor to make it out, I've tried my best in doing them.

mowzerluvr, I've tried to picture nearly everything that is visible from the outside. I noticed I did miss to show the barrel shank from the right side, but aside of the serial number there are no markings present. And I won't be the person who would disassemble it for the first time since it was made, I'll leave the stock on it to not risk any damages.

The lower stock also appears to have the “S” code for a Gustloff made stock, another bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdibbs88 View Post
    Hey Pat- to me it looks like WaA749 with an e/749 underneath, I believe this was standard on 41 gustloff
    Got it, thank you Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolut View Post
    Pat, the proof on the heel is a 749 proof, no depot marking. Sorry if the picture is too poor to make it out, I've tried my best in doing them.
    No need to apologize, I was viewing this on a phone, so I imposed my own limitations!
    For My Fallen Brothers:
    WW 2001
    WS 2004
    MD 2009
    JH 2009
    ER 2009
    DS 2009
    DN 2009
    WB 2014

Never Forgotten.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    the “S” code for a Gustloff made stock, another bonus.
    Great point there too. I forgot to mention that probably because of the drool on the keyboard. How 'rare' are these compared to the seemingly much more common contract stocks? About like their in house finished barrels? Or not that bad?
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

A magnificent example in amazing condition given its journey East and then back again. When your life depends on something you keep it clean, oiled and well cared for. You can eat off of my service weapons.

wish that was mine!

Very nice. I have a feeling this won't be sold anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk