Third Party Press

Mint K98k bcd 41

I would like to see a side by side comparison photo of this rifle and a late war production. Just to see where things went is just a few years.

Hi Rob,
Check pic #7 in post 3 of this thread, it looks like a depot stamp under the WaA. They appear to be letters instead of numbers.

Hey Pat- to me it looks like WaA749 with an e/749 underneath, I believe this was standard on 41 gustloff

Wow, it did attract quite some attention. More than I had thought it would attract!

tsmgguy we can indeed argue if the condition can be called "mint", but what you mention would indicate NOS or even "unused" or "factory new". While we for sure can agree that this rifle neither is factory new nor unused I however don't have a problem in calling it mint. At least it would be very hard to upgrade or find one in a better condition.

Pat, the proof on the heel is a 749 proof, no depot marking. Sorry if the picture is too poor to make it out, I've tried my best in doing them.

mowzerluvr, I've tried to picture nearly everything that is visible from the outside. I noticed I did miss to show the barrel shank from the right side, but aside of the serial number there are no markings present. And I won't be the person who would disassemble it for the first time since it was made, I'll leave the stock on it to not risk any damages.

The lower stock also appears to have the “S” code for a Gustloff made stock, another bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Pat- to me it looks like WaA749 with an e/749 underneath, I believe this was standard on 41 gustloff

Got it, thank you Rob.

Pat, the proof on the heel is a 749 proof, no depot marking. Sorry if the picture is too poor to make it out, I've tried my best in doing them.

No need to apologize, I was viewing this on a phone, so I imposed my own limitations!

the “S” code for a Gustloff made stock, another bonus.

Great point there too. I forgot to mention that probably because of the drool on the keyboard. How 'rare' are these compared to the seemingly much more common contract stocks? About like their in house finished barrels? Or not that bad?

A magnificent example in amazing condition given its journey East and then back again. When your life depends on something you keep it clean, oiled and well cared for. You can eat off of my service weapons.

Very nice. I have a feeling this won't be sold anytime soon. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

WOW,this one makes my f block the scruffy brother
bcd 41 005.jpg

Attachments

• P1070382.jpg
    P1070382.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 49
  • P1070381.jpg
    P1070381.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 49
  • P1070381.jpg