Third Party Press

dot 44 semi kriegs

Damn. How did everybody miss that. It does look like 'our guys' got it though. I see nackt flieger missed out.

No I already had more dots coming that week and had to stop! Whoever bid did so at the last 30 seconds though, that was 30 seconds before an agreed upon deal with the seller for his opening bid and local pickup. Okay now that someone has posted this rifle I must tell the story!!

This rifle was a casualty of the last hurricane, the seller related the story to me after the rifle sold. A man had lost his house and was digging through the rubble and pulled out his small gun safe, something like 5-10 rifles in it. They had been damp for just a short time and all had light surface rust, he took the safe to a local shop and tried to sell them. The shop refused to buy the “rusty junk” and so frustrated and fed up the man left with the guns and about 5 min later the store employees heard a noise and went to the back of the shop to find this individual throwing each rifle into the dumpster. They caught up with him just as he had THIS K98 in his hands. They told him to stop and said they would pay him $.25 each and go through the trouble of logging the junk. So the shop bought them all and then put them right out on the rack, that’s when the individual auctioning this rifle popped into the shop and looked at their used rack with all the rusted rifles and walked out with this dot44 for $45 OTD. I told him if he would have told me that story before hand I would have bid more lol!

I swear some gun shops anymore are just filled with sleazeballs incredible story to say the least. But to pay a man $0.25 a rifle good Lord.

If you got this rifle clay I'm very happy for you!

..gun shops anymore are just filled with sleazeballs incredible story to say the least. But to pay a man $0.25 a rifle good Lord.

That's what I was thinking too! I had to go back and see if we were talking about 1950 or something? "the trouble of logging them"... :moon:

Military Rifle Journal
Back