Third Party Press

Interesting 98m

"Parts going east or south" makes no sense to me.

So e/77 parts start showing up in Steyr production pretty significantly. Obviously the inspectors didn't travel south, the parts did. There are many documented examples of parts being shipped east or south to fill in for lost of capacity due to whatever circumstances. Czech facilities start using and then almost exclusively use MO stamped bottom metal. Obviously there was a reason for this. MO had excess capacity and the Czech plants never acquired the stamping dies?

Not sure what you are getting at, - obviously e/77 figures prominently in SDP production, it was run by SDP for the express purpose of making components to free up space at Steyr.

As for the rest, are you under the impression that you are more informed regarding this subject than I am? I may be reading more into your replies than there is, however if this is some form of a challenge let me know because until now you seem to have been amicable and I do not want to take a harsh tone with someone who doesn't deserve it.

So e/77 parts start showing up in Steyr production pretty significantly. Obviously the inspectors didn't travel south, the parts did. There are many documented examples of parts being shipped east or south to fill in for lost of capacity due to whatever circumstances. Czech facilities start using and then almost exclusively use MO stamped bottom metal. Obviously there was a reason for this. MO had excess capacity and the Czech plants never acquired the stamping dies?

Paul, I didn’t take it as criticism my friend, just clarifying my thought process as well in my last post. I’ll have to read this over again tomorrow when I can, but as always excellent info! Also, I believe HM’s post to be purely rhetorical, I think we all stand to learn something from you on the subject Paul! :thumbsup:

Anyway, not meant to be critical of your post, just some clarifications.[/QUOTE]

..I believe HM’s post to be purely rhetorical, I think we all stand to learn something from you on the subject Paul! :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I know my place in the pecking order? I'm still not backing off my endorsement of your statements. If anything I'm more convinced.

I wasn’t trying to imply anything to that effect either sir, I’m just another guy here to learn :happy0180:

I wasn’t trying to imply anything to that effect either sir, I’m just another guy here to learn :happy0180:

Absolutely agree. I'll die someday and still not know even a small bit of the information regarding the manufacture and employment of these weapons. Seems like I learn something new every day.

IMO without the original stock it's an exercise in theory, tilting at windmills so to speak, trying to figure out when it was done. I used to know who used that barrel proof, if i remember correctly it's early though, and the barrel having a letter suffix on the serial is usually a sign of being done by a major depot. You have to consider that it's possible this rifle has been rebuilt again since WW2, so you don't know for sure that any of the non-numbered parts are original to the rifle.

Time to connect the dots, here’s another one.

Attachments

• 7B1CAA02-EA33-46ED-AB02-0417AF19173D.jpeg
    7B1CAA02-EA33-46ED-AB02-0417AF19173D.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 55
  • 8356561D-5041-4311-9221-64F522360652.jpeg
    8356561D-5041-4311-9221-64F522360652.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 152CFA63-75CC-49EE-9630-5EE3393C911B.jpeg
    152CFA63-75CC-49EE-9630-5EE3393C911B.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 45

Military Rifle Journal
Back