Third Party Press

MP34 - Help with Unit Marking on Buttplate

KSH67

Hi Guys - Just picked up a numbers matching MP34 part set that is not one of the typical made for export smg. This one was kept in Austria or Germany. No waffenamts on this one at all. Anyway, here is a pic of the marking, wondering if anyone can help me decipher it.
Thanks,
Kevin

Attachments

• MP34b.jpg
    MP34b.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 89
  • MP34k.jpg
    MP34k.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 68
Landes Gendarmerie Kommando Salzburg. These markings are found on m1 carbines used by the German/Austrian police post war but seems logical that the marking could be wartime as well.

That would be for Landes Gendarmerie Kommando in Salzburg. It's fairly common on post war US weapons as well. Roughly it's rural police commandos. That's a really nice looking kit btw!

..m1 carbines used by the German/Austrian police post war.

:thumbsup: I remember when TGI was selling these. I think they and Centerfire were the outfits moving them. They seemed nice but I didn't bite. I did get some other really neat pieces from him though.

Excellent, thanks for your help. Given the condition of this kit, numbers matching, E & D selector and other markings and lack thereof of other signs of export (marks, tig defacing on top cover etc.) I believe this may have been a war trophy originally. The chamber was welded over like you might see from an early form of demill and the receiver has been saw cut removing a small section which is the recent deactivation. The place I got this from sells parts from deactivated guns that they get from police departments I believe. So I think this was "turned" in by someone. I have had about 8-10 of the MP34 kits over the years and this is hands down the nicest.

Military Rifle Journal
Back