Third Party Press

Mauser 71 K. MOD 71

mattgreen16

Hello, I have recently purchased a Mauser 71 carbine from a guy who thought it was a sporterized infantry rifle, it is unissued yet it does not have the front end of the handle and no "wings" on the front sight.
Markings are-
-K Mod 71
-Spandau
-1879 (no smaller font issue stamp beside it)
-F.W
-Serial number 9498
note- all serial numbers match down to every screw and there is no unit markings on the buttplate

my question is how much is it really worth and anymore info on it is awesome.

-cheers, Matt (sorry for the low quality pics)

Attachments

• IMG_0006[1].jpg
    IMG_0006[1].jpg
    70 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0008[1].jpg
    IMG_0008[1].jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6384[1].jpg
    IMG_6384[1].jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0007[1].jpg
    IMG_0007[1].jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Impossible to say value, especially in Canada vs. US, but it has been sporterized and that would influence value in the United States. Most of these seem to be unit marked, but we have not gotten very far into the research project regarding these. Unfortunately, the man that inspired the research project passed away shortly after it was begun, matter of fact he was still working on the structure of the research when he passed and never got to finish the more in-depth work that was in progress.

No one here knew half as much as he did, so all we have is the books and generally what you see here. The start of a database for general trends of each variation. It isn't much, though more than you will find elsewhere.

Impossible to say value, especially in Canada vs. US, but it has been sporterized and that would influence value in the United States. Most of these seem to be unit marked, but we have not gotten very far into the research project regarding these. Unfortunately, the man that inspired the research project passed away shortly after it was begun, matter of fact he was still working on the structure of the research when he passed and never got to finish the more in-depth work that was in progress.

No one here knew half as much as he did, so all we have is the books and generally what you see here. The start of a database for general trends of each variation. It isn't much, though more than you will find elsewhere.

I'm sorry for your loss, my condolences.
thank you for the reply, I'll keep researching. I'm a fairly big history buff and collector so I love to squeeze every bit of info out of all my items as best I can.

Military Rifle Journal
Back