Third Party Press

Panzerfaust, What did I buy ??

I have a small grenade launcher tube collection going and picked this Panzerfaust up. Its suppose to be a dug find from a country in northern europe.

I thought it was a Panzerfaust 60 tube until I saw the screw on the bottom is in the wrong place for a 60.

The sight is the right color, but the tube is the wrong color but looks like it was blocked out in a few spots and painted green.

Is it possible I bought a Finish used Panzerfaust 100 or a reproduction with a real sight and trigger welded on?

Last question, I want to seal it up to prevent oxidation, anyone have any thoughts if I put a light coat of paraloid B72 on it to seal it up?

XXOeHMdh.jpg
qKzZvBuh.jpg

GpTcguWh.jpg
8R0H4Wfh.jpg

Ig3vRRAh.jpg
tdhVZDch.jpg

Qk6kZTOh.jpg
6qbzdh1h.jpg

iFC2Xx3h.jpg
Y3H9fOoh.jpg

jt22Ziph.jpg
qT4tTteh.jpg

tbSLhOKh.jpg

Took me awhile but I eventually answered my own question, its a panzerfaust 100.

This old picture shows the propellant retaining screw halfway down the tube like this one.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas on sealing it. If I should leave it be or I want to put a light coat of Paraloid B72 disolved in acetone on it. Ive been using it on deer heads and old paint to protect them and its completely reversible.

iQNerLXh.jpg

Plug one end good, stand it up, and fill it with Evapo-Rust, drain it, maybe coat with a thin coat of Ballistol? Really, once the active rust is stabilized, kept inside in a controlled environment, it should be fine...

Really neat piece by the way!

That white-ish looking paint on the rear flip up sight might be glow-in-the-dark paint. I had a tube like this that I bought from Ostfront Militaria years ago that they said came out of Estonia. I discovered by accident the paint on the rear sight glowed in the dark. I had the tube in the garage, turned the light off leaving the garage and noticed something was glowing. Turned the light back on to find out what was glowing and saw it was the paint around the sight. Mine had a little bit more than yours does and there were traces of the red caution warning these had painted on the side.

Pretty neat piece of history! As others said it should be easy to preserve the condition once any active rust is stopped.

Military Rifle Journal
Back