Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armorerís K98 parts find!

Default Armorerís K98 parts find!

Digging through some old stuff in boxes I pulled out a small box of parts and saw one S/42 marked sear and so threw the whole box in my purchase pile. Then later I was literally crawling on the floor to look under some dusty benches, crap piled everywhere, and pulled out a box and flipped it open, couldnít believe my eyes, NEW S/42 sling parts. Only when I got home did I come to find out that the entire little box I found earlier was full of armorer parts! Also among parts I bought that day were about 6 ďusedĒ armorer parts, numbered to rifles. I am not 100% positive on some of these unmarked components if they are indeed German or not. The large sling studs may not be, however in total I probably have 7 different variations of studs both in size/style and finish methods. One is flat new looking that is machined and blued, I believe it is an MP-40 stud. The small studs were definitely in the same small box with all the parts, but according to Bergflak these are gas mask sling studs, why would those be in with armorer parts? The bent ďLĒ tool I was believing might be a flaring tool for stock disc tubes as it fits perfectly inside of one and was in with the parts, but it has been suggested that it maybe a US tool. The item that has thrown me for the biggest loop is the slightly undersized frosch that doesnít have a sling loop and definitely looks to have been made this way, I canít for the life of me figure that one out. 90% of the parts are e63 with I believe one or two 655 parts, but there are also three BLM armorer parts in here which I was very happy to
    see!!

Some super cool stuff, I love those Frosch's....

But as I suspected, I think your 90 deg tool is an M1 Carbine Trigger Spring tool...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks to be! Case closed I think. Even if it is, looks to be a potential tool for disc tube flaring, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by flynaked View Post
    Looks to be! Case closed I think. Even if it is, looks to be a potential tool for disc tube flaring, ha!
    Here's another with phosphate finish...Like I said, thought it looked familiar...get one of Ike's stamps, whack it on there, bob's your uncle, SS armorer tube flarer...just say you got it 50 years ago, case closed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?

Wow, awesome find. I'd start an armorers kit with that haul. I'd have to.

Very cool stuff! I've always liked armorers parts.
    WTB: Rough milled, blued, unnumbered floor plate as found on late MO rifles. Unnumbered MO bands, both KM and standard type, MO KM stocks including an unaccepted one, MO bands and stock 5897, upper band 0643

SwjXE and now this. Good god what a find, congrats. Do you have any update on the SwjXE resto?
    Ken

Thanks guys! Dave, that is certainly the plan, at least a pseudo parts box with routed pockets is in the plans for a nice display. I had a few other armorer parts but this was certainly a welcome haul. Ken, thanks man! It gets worse though, along with that SwjXE, found a lot of good stuff all in one summer, time to quit looking for a while. No update on that rifle, havenít had a chance to start it yet, working on other peopleís projects right now, plus Iím in near of a hard to find loose late Steyr barrel for it.