Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSW K98k Luft depot rifle

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    I bought my ee block from some auction house offline. Actually Dave Roberts found it for me. These Luftamt builds are really special, like the Heer depot builds. The one that just sold was really early production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes it is early they all started in the e block. If you include all of the rifles that were made using bcd receivers, BSW receivers, and blank receivers. Its less then 20,000 total.

Really neat rifles but could not swig that amount of funds for one of these. I thought maybe this rifle could have been a sleeper for me and was hoping too get it for a little over $2000. But it took off!
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar

This is a great rifle. I personally think it is cooler then a factory bsw rifle (although not as rare). A friend bought it and he knew exactly what it was even when some here didn't know on Dave's website.

http://ww2weaponsforum.com/showthrea...18373-BSW-1939
    Last edited by mdarnell19; 08-08-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Rest assured that the serious players for rifles like that knew what it was and quietly watched. If it made it to Daves for discussion it was well on the radar screen and going big. I would have been in at $2500 and I have one.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    ..A friend bought it and he knew exactly what it was even when some here didn't know on Dave's website.
    Nice! It's always pleasing to me when I hear a serious collector got a piece instead of a flipper or worse some humper who'd be tempted to 'enhance' it.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    This is a great rifle. I personally think it is cooler then a factory bsw rifle (although not as rare). A friend bought it and he knew exactly what it was even when some here didn't know on Dave's website.

http://ww2weaponsforum.com/showthrea...18373-BSW-1939
    Glad to hear a friend of yours got that rifle Matt! Personally I was eyeing that rifle as soon as it was listed I knew exactly what it was.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers