Third Party Press

BSW K98k Luft depot rifle

Warrior1354

ax - hole
Really an interesting rifle too find and not something that is easy too find either. But I think too many bidders here were thinking it was a BSW production made rifle. And didn't realize it was a Luft depot assembled rifle on a left over BSW receiver. Tried too get this rifle because it is a neat variation but for that kind of money I would rather have a true BSW factory rifle.

Final price $3475.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/780535307

Attachments

• pix907810631.jpg
    pix907810631.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 93
  • pix145510432.jpg
    pix145510432.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 97
  • pix991915332.jpg
    pix991915332.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
A 1939 BSW would have sold for 5k+ probably, I think the price was top end but where will you find another? It’s a cool variant and tough to find in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 1939 BSW would have sold for 5k+ probably, I think the price was top end but where will you find another? It’s a cool variant and tough to find in good shape.

True its an old ball and a tough variant. I guess two collectors been on the hunt for one of these for awhile. So if you have the money and you really wanted it. More power too them and I hope their happy with it. I just hope who bought this rifle realized it was depot rifle and not a factory production rifle.

I am kicking myself for watching the time run down and not at least trying to buy it. :thumbsup:

I watched it. Was interested in what the hammer price would be. I have only ever seen one other.

The only other one I have seen was a buy it now rifle for like $1900 about 4 years ago on gunbroker. I believe a known flipper snatched that right up.

A good friend and fellow collector (not on the forum) has one. All matching. Have not seen him or it in about 10-12 years.

I have one, matching, e block as they all are. There is also an "ee" block Gew. receiver someone here has that was sold at a good price on Gunbonker years back.

Thank link is whacked. Here it is:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/780535307

I would have bid but a buddy here wanted it. I would have bid far less than that so it wouldn't have mattered.

I bought my ee block from some auction house offline. Actually Dave Roberts found it for me. These Luftamt builds are really special, like the Heer depot builds. The one that just sold was really early production.

I bought my ee block from some auction house offline. Actually Dave Roberts found it for me. These Luftamt builds are really special, like the Heer depot builds. The one that just sold was really early production.

Yes it is early they all started in the e block. If you include all of the rifles that were made using bcd receivers, BSW receivers, and blank receivers. Its less then 20,000 total.

Really neat rifles but could not swig that amount of funds for one of these. I thought maybe this rifle could have been a sleeper for me and was hoping too get it for a little over $2000. But it took off!

Rest assured that the serious players for rifles like that knew what it was and quietly watched. If it made it to Daves for discussion it was well on the radar screen and going big. I would have been in at $2500 and I have one.

..A friend bought it and he knew exactly what it was even when some here didn't know on Dave's website.

Nice! It's always pleasing to me when I hear a serious collector got a piece instead of a flipper or worse some humper who'd be tempted to 'enhance' it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back