Third Party Press

Rifle G 43 - service for WWII

shooter45

Good day friends,

I have such a query for experienced collectors G/K 43:

1. Was there exist a "waffenmeister" set and "buch" (book) for service
and repair ( except classic manual ) .... ,
if so, what was part of it, what did it look like?

2. " Verriegelungsstütze ( Stützklappen, Verschlussklappen ) " - was
some prescription how often they changed,
how much they resisted the shot, how to measure wear ... etc

Thanks for the reply.

Not the way you're asking. I could be wrong. All were issued fresh from the factory inside the buttplate tab included FP, extractor oiler, and manual, something else about the bolt now I can't remember. Goodluck

Yes, I know what the box contains in the stock. I am interested in the life of the locking flaps. The flaps wear out. What is lifetime. When does it change?

Yes, I know what the box contains in the stock. I am interested in the life of the locking flaps. The flaps wear out. What is lifetime. When does it change?

The combination of receiver groove, locking lugs and bolt cutouts determines the head space of the G43. And that's the only thing that matters. Once the barrel has been pinned in the factory, wear on any of the three aforementioned components can affect head space. If the receiver groove wears out, lugs with larger shoulders could compensate for the wear. If the bolt cutouts wear out, take another bolt or use lugs with larger shoulders to fix it. If the lugs wear out, simply replace the lugs with new ones.
How soon or how often do these components wear out? I don't think anybody knows. I had an early duv44 that head spaced poorly, indicated by stretches brass shells. I replaced the lugs (not recommended) and was back in the game. Doing it right requires good tooling (gauges, stones, etc.) and pressure sensitive foil or "Plastigauge". Anything else is nothing but backyard Bubba'ism.

I’m not really sure there was a specified round count as to when they would fail. My thinking is that they would fail at different times, depending on how hard the rifle was used at given times. And, how well the metal was at the time the flaps were made would play a factor too.

Thanks for the anwers. The gun manufacturer therefore assumed that the locking flaps would last for life as a weapon? Very important parts and not long-haired. Strange.

Military Rifle Journal
Back