Third Party Press

Gew98 to K98 to SS Sniper

To add to what chasdev said, it’s a fools errand authenticating or answering questions about SS marked stuff without photos, that’s a huge red flag. Anyway, both cases sound fake to me even without photos with what I know about the timelines of the sszza4 facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sszza4

Good evening, if you want I can send you some photos privately, as long as they are not published. But I do not put any in the internet.
Since the rifle does not belong to me yet, it would be extremely rude to the seller.
I hope that every collector understands here.

Regards Martin100

:hail:

You're basically allowing us to do this

Birthcontrol3.jpg

but then you want to know if it's a boy or a girl and if it got daddy's eyes.

Good evening, if you want I can send you some photos privately, as long as they are not published. But I do not put any in the internet.
Since the rifle does not belong to me yet, it would be extremely rude to the seller.
I hope that every collector understands here.

Regards Martin100

:hail:

You will probably not get any answers

Buy the gun, make your own pictures, show them here. But agree with the seller on the possibility to give it back if the gun is not approved by members here.

If he wants to sell it, he should have not have trouble in passing the pictures on to someone else. If he does not want the rifle to be discussed by experts, he may have something to hide. Think about that.

In the last rock island auction there was a faked up SS Gew conversion, probably about $600 rifle tops as the barreled action was real but everything else was fake. It sold for $6500.00. So, what stuff sells for at RI sells for is not necessarily the real value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes you are correct. the rifle was purchased however, with the aid of more knowledgeable, it was reversed when the issues were pointed out to the auction house, and honorably, the auction house cancelled the auction and returned the rifle to the seller .

Military Rifle Journal
Back