Third Party Press

Thread: Closet safe

Default Closet safe

My main safe is at a relatives and I hate to go out of my way to get a gun out to shoot or maintain. What is a good safe for about 5 or so long guns? Just something for my most commonly shot ones. My greatest fear is a B&E while im not home and I loose quite a bit of $$$ in guns. Also don't break the bank (I don't think that will be an issue).

Please move or remove if not relevant to topic discussion.

Default Stack on

I just got a Stack On for my closet.

$149 delivered from Walmart..holds 15-18 long guns or you can change configuration for pistols.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was looking at the Liberty Centurion. Anything lighter than 10 ga. steel can be opened with a fire ax. Big box store "safes" (they aren't) will generally thwart a crackhead with a screwdriver who has less than 15 minutes.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I was looking at the Liberty Centurion. Anything lighter than 10 ga. steel can be opened with a fire ax. Big box store "safes" (they aren't) will generally thwart a crackhead with a screwdriver who has less than 15 minutes.
    I second that Liberty is probably one of the best safe makers on the market. Their warranty is fantastic too. Your safe gets broken into they replace it, your safe gets damaged by fire they replace it, your safe gets damaged by a tornado they replace it, etc.

I bought my Frontier series Liberty back in 2010 from Gander when it was on sale. Cost me less then $1000 at the time.

Only regret I wish I got the Fat boy model!
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

I researched it a good bit and recommend the Amsec BF6636 with the liner if you're going to spend this much
    http://www.amsecusa.com/product/bf6636/
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945