Third Party Press

Byf44 x block rig

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
Steve87 and I both chased this pistol about 6-7 years ago. Before we were anymore then acquaintances on the Canadian forum. I missed it by about 15 minutes. It was the topic that started us chatting more and we became actual friends. I made him promise me dibs, and it took awhile but I got it. He posted a few pics before but I took some more detail shots.

Gun is in excellent condition, very little wear. Matching numbers and two correct identical mags, and its original holster. Holster is named to an Uffz. Thiede, and has the pistols SN marked in it in the same hand writing. Its very clear the mag that sat in the gun vs the one that sat in the holster, No finish issues, just different wear.

My small P38 collection.
Byf44, ac44, ac40 with both matched mags

Last edited:
Nice pistol Andrew. Sometimes it’s nice to take a break from expensive rifles to buy cheap P38s.

CanadianAR always pries away at my best German pistols. He says he is a friend, but what kind of friends do that?

CanadianAR always pries away at my best German pistols. He says he is a friend, but what kind of friends do that?

Haha, I’d say the best kind of friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice score, beautiful rig, love the holster too....

And now, one of each type of holster, nice!

Friends are good to have...I am lucky to have Flynaked as my friend, I'll post what I pried away from him sometime this weekend....

Nice score, beautiful rig, love the holster too....

And now, one of each type of holster, nice!

Friends are good to have...I am lucky to have Flynaked as my friend, I'll post what I pried away from him sometime this weekend....

I Wonder what that cost you. The last deal I had with a good friend when it came to a rifle was a over a 12 pack of Budweiser!

Awesome p38 (s). Between the two of you you must have every ww2 pistol in Canada. :hail:

Last edited:
German handguns are actually plentiful here. We have more p38 then collectors want. As such prices on most stay quite low. But we don’t seem to have the exotic late stuff.

Military Rifle Journal
Back