Third Party Press

BLC Zielvier Low Turret and High Turret comparison

Absolut

Recently been lucky and ran into a rifle advertised as faux sniper rifle. They were right in that the poor picture did show fake bases, but the additional pictures of the scope I requested confirmed that they had used an original BLC Zielvier scope on original turret rings.

Therefore I'm now in the fortunate position to be able and share the attached pictures showing a comparison between my new low turret mounted Zielvier BLC+ coded scope with the high turret mounted Zielvier BLC+ scope I bought some years ago from Dave Roberts.

Yes, the fixture screw for the elevation adjustment is lacking from the HT scope .. broke off. I left it the way I got it (obviously Dave only sells this ugly junk with damages :googlie). And it is offset on the LT scope, haven't had time to zero it.

The lowest BLC+ Zielvier serial I am aware of is 338975 (pictured in Robert Spielauers book), I am currently not aware of any higher serial than the one on my HT mounted scope which is 339265. Does anyone have recorded a higher and lower serial number than either of these two?

Attachments

• blc1.jpg
    blc1.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 185
  • blc2.jpg
    blc2.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 147
  • blc3.jpg
    blc3.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 121
  • blc4.jpg
    blc4.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 141
  • blc5.jpg
    blc5.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 194
Very neat scopes. Interesting to see how the scope tubes have worn the same. Thanks for sharing.

I have myself a blc scope I bought from Nigromontanus (PPP) which is strictly identical to those two scopes...and which originally comes from Spielauer

What makes you think those scopes are fakes?

Blc

The serial numbers are in the range. The markings look good. They look original to me. Not sure why anyone would say they are fake. What is wrong with them?

Details

Hi Dave
Can you provide pictures on the rifle serial number
on the k98 byf 43 k and on his safety ?
Regards

I know exactly what the issue is . there are certain collectors who believe that the Zeiss blc scopes were only used in conjunction with LT Rings . That said I will add a link to another HT blc Zeiss that came off of a BYF 43 K Suffix and its the Matching Rifle . I would ask is this Set also Fake .

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...IELVIER-blc-Code&highlight=Zeiss+Zielvier+blc

Hi Dave
Can you provide pictures on the rifle serial number
on the k98 byf 43 k and on his safety ?
Regards

I no longer own the Rifle . I sold it to Vaughn99 , but I will see if I can get or ask Vaughn to post a Pic of Rifle Receiver Number and the 135 final Proof .
As for the Bolt it did not have the matching bolt .

Very interesting pics Dave! Did you sell only the rifle to Vaughn, or did you also sell him the bases and the scope?

I noted the HT bases which originally came with it are of the very early type where they did not mill all the way through on the bases. So for sure one of the very first HT rifles.

Font

Hello
The font of the two blc scopes presented is not the same.
Have a look more closely.
Regards

Georg , I originally kept the Scope & Rings and Vaughn wanted the Rifle . He asked to sell him the the Scope & Bases if I ever parted with them because he wanted to do a restoration , I did tell him he would get first right of refusal should I part with the Scope & Bases .

Georg If you would please clean off all the whiteout from the Markings on the HT blc and then retake the Pics of both scope and the marking for comparison . I would also suggest taking pics from looking straight down on them . It very obvious that the markings are going to look/appear different due to this whiteout . I can also tell you I did a comparison of the Marking on this blc HT and the one in Link and they were/are identical .

Here is Vaughn99`s Reply to first email , asking for Serial & Final Proof and Bunny Proof Hello,

I have the photo’s you sent me ages ago, with me building and things boxed up in storage units I don’t have easy access at the moment. Let me know I can send those pics but the one with the serial and letter block is not so good.

Later
Eric

I am waiting for reply to 2nd email about needed Pics . I will update with answer .

Last edited:
Waiting for more Pictures

Hello
I agree with Dave: Georg If you would please clean off all the whiteout from the Markings on the HT blc and then retake the Pics of both scope and the marking for comparison . I would also suggest taking pics from looking straight down on them . It very obvious that the markings are going to look/appear different due to this whiteout . I can also tell you I did a comparison of the Marking on this blc HT and the one in Link and they were/are identical .

Regards

Military Rifle Journal
Back