Third Party Press

German High Power, e/103 with tangent sight

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
This one was found in Canada, straight out of the wood work. I bought it from a flipper/picker. i do not think it has ever been apart or cleaned since its service. Its the dirtiest pistol Ive ever handled. Original grease caked in the springs, slider for sight seized up, dead bugs in the magazine, and a lot of sandy type dirt in the gun. But id rather get it this way then over cleaned. Cleaned it up without overcleaning. It looks to have suffered holster storage damage to the slide, but was a well used gun before that it can be seen. I overlooked the condition as this is only the second tangent sight HP Ive ever seen in Canada. Matching numbers and unmessed with wood. All major parts e/103. Also came with one correct e/103 magazine.

DSC_0449.jpgDSC_0457.jpgDSC_0456.jpgDSC_0459.jpgDSC_0460.jpgDSC_0467.jpgDSC_0461.jpgDSC_0462.jpg

Very cool war horse. These were used a good bit by the Waffen SS, as shown by period pics.

Very cool war horse. These were used a good bit by the Waffen SS, as shown by period pics.

Good call Ham and OP awesome pistole! I first learned of the German HP when looking at a History of WW2 book in 6th grade with a caption about a grenadier holding a (GI-45) Ha Ha during Wacht Am Rhein..

You got that from a flipper-picker?
Would he flip one like that my way ???
Nice, I really enjoy the FN35 series. (including their Canadian made brethren ... I have 3 of the CH and 2 of the T series. !!!)

Nice one. I believe I have three packed away in my mess somewhere. Now I have to take a look. Love those pistols.
Ken

Military Rifle Journal
Back